Taye Drums--What do we think?

Rudy Corona

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They make a sweet looking "trad" bop kit w/snare--Studio Maple Series, streets for about 1G. Seen a couple on the bay. I'm not really in the market, just curious. Anyone have any experience with them?

ARGuy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the problem with Taye is not their drums but their management. I've owned or played most of their line, and to paraphrase their slogan, they're very good drums at a very good price. They have some hardware issues - I talked to a former sales rep who said he never felt comfortable sellng it. Even after he left he still liked the drums.

R

RickP

The drums sound really nice but the hardware is pretty firghtening. I have played a lot of kits at the rehearsal space we use. The tom mount is a knuckle crusher.The hihat and snare drum stands have some issues.It is really too bad because they drums sound great.I especially like the Studio Maples a lot.Nice finishes, the stock heads are terrible.

Sub_Meter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The studio maple series are really really nice drums. I haven't personally tried any of the others.

As for their hardware, I wasn't a fan, but their new bass drum pedals are actually pretty darned slick.