Taye Studio Maple

XDrums

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for descriptions on the forum for this kit. I found one on CL for $600 with hard and soft cases. No hardware or cymbals. The kicker is that I also get a Gretsch Blackhawk with it. I don’t hold any value to resell for the gretsch kit. I see the sale studio maple Shell Kit on sale at musicians friend (used) for $500 and of course Reverb has a new kit for 1300 with shipping included that has had 5 offers. I’m sure I could sell all the cases and other kit and I would only have a couple hundred in the Taye Drums if that. I just dont understand the big price difference. Is this a good deal?

Attachments

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
They never gained much of a following, but from what I understand they are decent drums. They are so "off brand" that I would never consider buying one for resale, only if I needed a good quality practice/gigging setup on the cheap.

XDrums

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call. I’m sure I could do alright but all that stuff would take up space and who knows if I would sell the Tate set for much of a profit. Thanks for your opinion on it.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was shopping and researching a bop kit, Taye actually made my short list. Good quality, good sound (from reviews) and they were priced pretty well. Problem was, they seemed to fall off the earth. Hard to find anything new and even their website wasn't updated. I'm not sure what happened to them. As @lossforgain said above, resale wouldn't have been good.