header.nohb.html

Taylor Hawkins - More Tribute News

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Isn't there already an active thread on this or is this something different?

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Skyrm

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from the second concert, the one in LA. This time YYZ was played by Danny Carey instead of Omar Hakim. Dave Grohl and Chad Smith also played with the two guys from Rush.

Whitten

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There is a question mark against them performing again, now one of the key members is gone.
Maybe it will be Dave Grohl solo artist from now on.

langmick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A Neil tribute is overdue, this is close. Danny brought some old-school energy to it, it felt like it could have gone off the rails, I dug it. Ged and Al looked like they were into the vibe.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
It's wild that Rush can't seem to stop themselves from reuniting, starting with the Red Rocks thing in August and these two Taylor Hawkins shows this month.

It's clear many Rush fans seem unable able to move on from 40-plus years of Rush ... While I encourage Geddy and Alex to stay home and relax, all of the activity over the past couple of months makes me wonder if a plan is coming together.

As for Foo Fighters, I predict they'll take a long break -- five or 10 years -- and focus on solo work or other collaborations before coming together again for a big worldwide tour that would generate big, big money.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's clear many Rush fans seem unable able to move on from 40-plus years of Rush ... While I encourage Geddy and Alex to stay home and relax, all of the activity over the past couple of months makes me wonder if a plan is coming together.
I think it’s cool what they have done recently, but I think any plans beyond say a Neil Tribute show with other drummers would be odd …

dsop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised by all the attention and memorials for Taylor Hawkins. I'm sure he was a great guy, and he was a great drummer... But there was nowhere near this amount of outpouring when John Bonham, Keith Moon, Jeff Porcaro, Tony Williams, or Neil Peart passed away. And none of them died from a drug overdose.

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought Danny Carey was not good. He looked unrehearsed and hesitant.

Rush is my favorite band of all time, but I really don’t want to see other drummers hack away at NP’s parts or hear their “interpretations” of his parts with Geddy and Alex.