header.nohb.html

Taylor Hawkins - More Tribute News

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
If anyone has first hand knowledge about how much or how little rehearsal time there was please speak up now. Everyone can just keep speculating

drumsanity

Reaction score
It's wild that Rush can't seem to stop themselves from reuniting, starting with the Red Rocks thing in August and these two Taylor Hawkins shows this month.

It's clear many Rush fans seem unable able to move on from 40-plus years of Rush ... While I encourage Geddy and Alex to stay home and relax, all of the activity over the past couple of months makes me wonder if a plan is coming together.

As for Foo Fighters, I predict they'll take a long break -- five or 10 years -- and focus on solo work or other collaborations before coming together again for a big worldwide tour that would generate big, big money.
I dont think Rush fans have an issue moving on, the fact that Neil is no longer alive, so they had to move on whatever that means, maybe its just me but after seeing Geedy & Alex play the 2 Tributes why would you encourage them to stay home and relax? It almost sounds like you are bothered by them playing live once in a while and would rather they went away? because you are wondering if they have a plan to come back together, I hope they do, it would be interesting to hear new music & lyrics sans Neil.

They made some great music and evidently can still play as well as ever and its something they have done for over 40 years so not doing any of it doesnt seem to make sense to me...

Jay-Dee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Why bother then if no rehearsal time?
It's reasonable to assume because they respected and liked him enough that they really wanted to be involved.

Plus 99.999% of attendees/viewers who aren't musicians (and probably a good number who are) would never hear any of the very miniscule (especially considering the circumstances) imperfections in the performance.

Redbeard77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I enjoyed both shows and seeing the variety of performers come together to honor Taylor's spirit. And the "less than perfect" parts were few and far between, so I can't complain about getting my (zero) money's worth.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Why bother then if no rehearsal time?

Because it is a tribute, these are busy people, with a full schedule.
tribute - "an act, statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration."
There are no rehearsal times at jams either and they can be very dynamic and exciting for both players and audience.

wtc

Reaction score
I really enjoyed so many parts of the show...(Pink was great covering Heart and Queen, Def Leppard was good fun, James Gang was so freaking awesome, Stewart Copeland in full control, Sebastian Bach kicking ass) - it was an old school festival.

I was thrilled for Chad Smith to get a chance to play with Rush - he played with the same intensity and joy I would bring if that ever happened for me. Literally, a dream come true for him.

Was it fascinating to watch Omar Hakim and Danny Carey play YYZ with Rush? Damn right! Never in a million years I thought that either would happen. When I saw the video title I thought it was not true. Each drummer sounded like themselves, just as they should.

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I really enjoyed so many parts of the show...(Pink was great covering Heart and Queen, Def Leppard was good fun, James Gang was so freaking awesome, Stewart Copeland in full control, Sebastian Bach kicking ass) - it was an old school festival.

I was thrilled for Chad Smith to get a chance to play with Rush - he played with the same intensity and joy I would bring if that ever happened for me. Literally, a dream come true for him.

Was it fascinating to watch Omar Hakim and Danny Carey play YYZ with Rush? Damn right! Never in a million years I thought that either would happen. When I saw the video title I thought it was not true. Each drummer sounded like themselves, just as they should.
I don’t get the criticism of either over YYZ, especially since 99.9% of us on here would poop our pants in that situation.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Not sour grapes. Taylor deserved to be celebrated, definitely. I'm just confused as to how so many others aren't celebrated to the same degree or more.
As has already been talked about on this thread.....Because Dave Grohl wanted to have a tribute to his friend and bandmate.
When your friend and/or bandmate dies you can have a memorial concert for him/her.

Last edited: