Tell me about this Pearl Sensitone snare

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently got this snare with some other gear to resell.
I know the throw off and butt were replaced.
I looked at the old Pearl catalogs and couldn't find one like this with black hardware. Guessing all the hardware was changed from chrome to black, hence the changed parts, but the tube lugs look exactly like the chrome ones on my recent aluminum sensitone.
It's super heavy...12 pounds.
Thoughts?
20210922_104001.jpg

Attachments

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know if all of the hardware was swapped out or not, but the change to the black hardware certainly gives the drum a nice look. The black hardware accents the bronze shell nicely. Too bad about the extra holes for the throw-off.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I don't know if all of the hardware was swapped out or not, but the change to the black hardware certainly gives the drum a nice look. The black hardware accents the bronze shell nicely. Too bad about the extra holes for the throw-off.
Yeah, the extra hole...at least it's not a vintage or super valuable drum. The new throw off works well. Don't know if this originally came with the simpler Pearl throw off or the newer locking one.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
So it seems (thanks to a Facebook Pearl page) this is a Pearl shell with all aftermarket black parts.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet, and in bronze! Do the older generation of Sensitones had tube lugs.
Then they went to those awful bridge lugs.
Is it 6.5 deep?