Tell me about your set of sleeper cymbals

Wideglyd

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Sabian XSR. For the price point, to my ears, they sound greater than the dough outlay.

Attachments

Wideglyd

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say Sabian XSR, specifically the big and ugly series. I have said before that I went cymbal shopping with a budget about 3x the cost of the "XSR, B&U pack". For what I needed at the time, they fit the bill perfectly. After initially overlooking "those cheap cymbals", I brought them home.

Istanbul Agop Xist are great too.

For bonus points...
View attachment 503889

View attachment 503890
Agreed! Really love the XSR line.

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
PST7's
In a blindfold situation I'd bet nobody could tell the difference between these and 2002's.
PST7's especially the 16" and 18" thin crash are just great. Best budget cymbal line out there....and yes I will take them out for gigs.

Franklin Nigel Stein

Reaction score
To buy cheap cymbals or cut my arm off? . . . Hmmmmmmmm.

Now where did I put that &@$# saw?

Drumolator

Reaction score
I have three Sabian SR2 cymbals that were very cheap and sound quite good. My only set of hats cost me $160; they are 14 inch with a Medium on top and a Heavy on the bottom. The best is the 18 inch Thin I bought for $100. It is a very good crash-ride cymbal that I bought as a crash. I found out about the ride capability later. I also have a 15 inch Thin that is a good crash, not splashy at all. Peace and goodwill.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For my recent Dave Bass trio CD recording, I used a 1930s pair of 12" heavy Italian "Uzuiriope" Stanople hi hats ($80 on eBay). They won out over all of my pricier old K and Agop options. I'd love to find a 16" someday... it's supposedly the largest size they made. I'm dreaming that one of those beasts might make a cool ride cymbal!!