Tempo Ref and Mydentity News (Mapex)

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next exactly new news but news to me.

Mapex mothballed their Mydentity program http://mydentity.mapexdrums.com/
while I don't own any of their products I thought the program was kind of cool.

The gentleman who ran LT Lug Lock...retired. Cardinal Percussion bought (the rights?) the Lug Locks. I needed some batteries for my Tempo Ref and mini Tempo ref...emailed via the website and have heard nothing....I know the battery numbers are on the battery but he had something funny with the connection so it only used his batteries. Anyone got a work around?

dtk

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was always tempted to get green sparkle with neon pink hardware in Bonham sizes. But alas, I always talked myself out of it.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I was always tempted to get green sparkle with neon pink hardware in Bonham sizes. But alas, I always talked myself out of it.
I tell you what, that program turned out some of the ugliest drums. Why order true custom drums when you can sound the same as everyone else AND have a cringeworthy look?

nopork

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

The gentleman who ran LT Lug Lock...retired. Cardinal Percussion bought (the rights?) the Lug Locks. I needed some batteries for my Tempo Ref and mini Tempo ref...emailed via the website and have heard nothing....I know the battery numbers are on the battery but he had something funny with the connection so it only used his batteries. Anyone got a work around?

dtk
For the batteries you can get the exact same part number from Interstate Battery. I used to get mine there before switching to the "RokTempo" brand beat counter.

Reactions: dtk

Rick Jones1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

dtk
I think it was suggested that the Tempo Ref use the CR2450 Renata brand. I would think other brands should work.

I see the Cardinal Percussion lists the Lug Locks on their web site but maybe they didn't buy the rights to Tempo Ref?

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was suggested that the Tempo Ref use the CR2450 Renata brand. I would think other brands should work.

I see the Cardinal Percussion lists the Lug Locks on their web site but maybe they didn't buy the rights to Tempo Ref?
I spoke to Mark at Cardinal...they just bought the Lug Locks and passed on the others...if you google lug locks you go to Cardinal (good for them).