Thanks to some of you...

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my bands practiced for the 1st time in over a year last night. New (bright/clean) rehearsal space...using someone else's kit (new ludwigs 22/13/16) but my cymbals...which were perfect for the gig...realized all but the hats were cymbals I bought from (some of) you.

20" AAX Omni
16" AAX dark crash
18" Evolution HHX

the hats Sabian HHX Banda Turka over a Paiste (sig?) sound edge (15").

the right sounds for this 80s (cure/Cocteau twins) inspired original band

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have that same model Omni. I did one gig with only that cymbal mounted right in the middle. It's great!

Pancho12

Reaction score
One of my bands practiced for the 1st time in over a year last night. New (bright/clean) rehearsal space...using someone else's kit (new ludwigs 22/13/16) but my cymbals...which were perfect for the gig...realized all but the hats were cymbals I bought from (some of) you.

20" AAX Omni
16" AAX dark crash
18" Evolution HHX

the hats Sabian HHX Banda Turka over a Paiste (sig?) sound edge (15").

the right sounds for this 80s (cure/Cocteau twins) inspired original band
One thing about the Cocteau Twins that I love the most (beside Guthrie's guitar and Fraser's angelic voice) is the sound of the drum machine. Especially the drum sound in the album Treasure, so robotic yet so emotional. It's a sound I'd love to recreate some day

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing about the Cocteau Twins that I love the most (beside Guthrie's guitar and Fraser's angelic voice) is the sound of the drum machine. Especially the drum sound in the album Treasure, so robotic yet so emotional. It's a sound I'd love to recreate some day
So glad 1) I'm not the only drummer who loves this album 2) someone else here likes the Cocteau Twins...

Its definitely a desert Island disc... so hard to explain what it sounds like (chamber music where someone forgot to let the musicians out of the chamber....)