The 10 Best New Drum Kits in the World Right Now!

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Who voted on this?
Unless it was a bunch of musical instrument journalists who compared each set directly with all the others then the results are somewhat meaningless. If they just asked people to vote then they would mostly all just vote for the drums they have or lust after, without direct first hand comparison of all the choices.

Then again, I don't much care one way or the other as I'm primarily a vintage USA sort of drum guy anyway.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
No, the AQ1s are Chinese entry-level birch shells of undetermined origin. But the German SQ1s are med-heavy 7-ply/7mm Scandinavian Birch shells (bass drums are 10-ply/10mm), and they sound superb.

Here is the DCP video I was referring to:

Try out this one. As far as Sonor and BDC go, I was really excited to see this “best of the birches” video from Shane’s shop when it was posted.

I strongly admire both Sonor and especially British Drum Co. While this video may not present a clear winner, pitting these contenders head to head in the same video (and under the same conditions) definitely makes drooling easier!

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
There's never been a greatest or best drum,
only great drummers

You take an any drum set and set it in a corner for 100 years
and it will never make a sound
on it's own.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
There's never been a greatest or best drum,
only great drummers

You take an any drum set and set it in a corner for 100 years
and it will never make a sound
on it's own.
Maybe. But, I’d sure love to be the person who finds that Tama Star or N&C Walnut kit 100 years from now...