The 402 Resto Pics....

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, took a little while but I finally finished cleaning up the early '80's 402 I picked up a while back at a garage sale. ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33515 )
She is in darn near perfect shape. A few minor scratches here and there and a small dent where the bottom screw of the strainer was pushed in but ZERO pitting! Even the few scratches she has haven't gone through the chrome, just superficial. Gleaming! 8)
So how does she sound?
Well, I've never been too eloquent at putting sound into words but lets just say that all the hype surrounding these things is true. I am in love :love6: Remo Vintage A batter over Ambassador snare side, tuned up high.......loveitloveitloveit!
Still working on the rest of the kit, don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. Funds are tight so it'll be a long-termer I think.
Well, enjoy .......

BEFORE:

And AFTER:

And then just having fun in Photoshop....

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
Dan,

Very nice work! I'd say that's a keeper!

cdlaine

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dan,

Well done ! Looks a beauty...and we know the tone is killah ! Strong work. :notworthy:

Makes me want to find one..... 8)

Peace, Chas

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
poot said:
Dan,
Very nice work! I'd say that's a keeper!
Tim, definitely a keeper. This one is going nowhere.

cdlaine said:
Dan,

Well done ! Looks a beauty...and we know the tone is killah ! Strong work. :notworthy:

Makes me want to find one..... 8)

Peace, Chas
Chas, I dont know if I quite deserve a " :notworthy: " , but thanks anyway. :) It was no "chas-tisement" that's for sure, just a good old buff and polish. I didn't have the cajones to follow your Dyna example and try to hammer out the dent.

cdlaine

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dan

Hammer time on the LudAloy shell is a tad higher degree of difficulty then the COB Dyna (a little more malleable). Discretion is the better part of valor (sometimes)...I think you chose wisely...and the cosmetic dent does not effect sonic performance..all in all, looks as good as any Chastisement to me !

:occasion5:

Peace, Chas

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Nice job, Dan---looking at it makes me regret trading my b/o Supra for an 8x14 Tama Mastercraft (a great snare drum, but what was I thinking?! :oops:).

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Dan that looks great. I love the look of a 6.5x14 and seeing yours makes me want to run out and buy one except I can't tune a 6.5 to save my life :oops:

katfish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great job Dan! The 402 looks Fantastic! :occasion5: