The Black Crowes on Howard

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Man, I love this band and am glad they've gotten back together. I guess the brothers have worked things out....finally...hopefully. Raj Ojha on drums playing open handed.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Rich looks as though he's just "there" and I honestly thought this performance was fantastic for a BC tribute band. It's close, but it's not the real thing, IMHO. I'm a huge fan of the Crowes, but this isn't the Crowes to me.
But in reality the only true members are the brother, with Steve having the next longest tenure on and off. Other than those 3, the band has been through many iterations.

apcpa2000

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
But in reality the only true members are the brother, with Steve having the next longest tenure on and off. Other than those 3, the band has been through many iterations.
While members have changed through the years, I think its complete BS that they wouldn't bring back anyone that has played with them before. It should have been Steve Gorman and Marc Ford for certain (Marc was playing in Rich's Magpie Salute). You can also bring back Sven on bass (who was also playing with Rich), because Johnny probably wouldn't join. Ed, original keys player has passed, but they guy that played with them for 8 or so years is still around as I can tell.

This is a money grab, plain and simple. I love the Crowes' music, but something is missing in these. There is soul in Chris' voice, but not in the band.

For a guy that has probably seen them a dozen times, I am taking a hard pass and will be missing theses.

El Larry

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought that sounded really good, and a testament to a good song, being tiimeless. The little fret pings are killer on the acoustic.

SKINZ

Reaction score
THAT IS NOT THE BLACK CROWES OP ANOTHER FAKE MINI ME BAND..... ASK JONNY COLT OR STEVE GORMAN ABOUT WHAT SHITHEADS THE ROBINSON BROS CAN BE

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
THAT IS NOT THE BLACK CROWES OP ANOTHER FAKE MINI ME BAND..... ASK JONNY COLT OR STEVE GORMAN ABOUT WHAT SHITHEADS THE ROBINSON BROS CAN BE
The Black Crowes are the Robinson Brothers it’s that simple .