The Buddy We Never Knew!

jansara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting how often audiences have no reaction to musical parts of drum solos, and then they heap praise on the noisiest parts.

skf
Appreciating finesse requires an educated ear. The opposite of which is why hammering and bashing drums became so popular.

edited for clarity

Last edited:

foxy_shazamtastic

Reaction score
Appreciating finesse requires an educated ear. Which is why hammering and bashing drums became so popular.
That’s possible, but isn’t it also possible that people are clapping at the loudest/noisiest parts because that’s the dynamic high point/climax of the solo usually? I personally think it would be a little weird if they clapped anywhere else. And really the whole thing is masterful, if it was really necessary to clap at everything musical and masterful then the audience should never shut up lest they be branded tasteless heathens.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Tell ya what I got the feeling he thought it was a sheet gig no one was watching and didn't seem all that enthused to be in the West Virginia High School- just semi- burned -out. Pushing the bass player so fast it was unbelievable (or worse. The Hall sounded strangely empty altho the applause seemed normal.

Last edited:

richardh253

Reaction score
From my buddy Louis Bernstein collector extraordinare and in real life a buddy of Buddy—

That is from Morris Knolls high school in New Jersey, 1984, Second set of the evening. In the first set he wore a sweater and the band were sport jackets, the second set jackets Off and he had on a polo shirt with the BR logo