The Drum Doctor - Ross Garfield

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
and Allen screws all the way around the two per lug even the Butt Allen screws- this rubber (orig may have had that too) to quell any vibration (or Slip). Like "Allen screw" central. Every flat screwdriver headed screw replaced with Allen..(Ludwig snare side head, Ludwig snares, bearing edges checked...he didn't miss a trick (or whoever did it..in his shop..)

1948WFL 003.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

NewVintage

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They once redid the snare beds on my Radio King and did a terrible job. The depths were uneven and bed shape was inconsistent from side-to-side. I’d never send my stuff to them again. The history and artist portfolio is cool but my experience did not live up to the hype.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I remember reading an article about them in Modern Drummer way back when. In it they described the various mods they performed on vintage drums to make them studio ready. Not a big deal at the time when old drums were just that, but in retrospect they did mess up a bunch of vintage drums. So from a recording point of view they are viewed in a very positive light, but from a collectors viewpoint probably less so.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'll tel ya what I have an absolutely Stock (and nice shape) WFL 6.5 6L and I have a Drum Doctored one (an exact spec 6L 6.5 WFL)
The drum Doctor one sounds like a modern (not 60 year old) drum 3 ply mahog/pop/ with rings. probably on par with a new Legacy Mahogany.
It's like two different drums. I can see a "pro" (pop) using the Doctored one in a Studio (or stage). I can also see a seasoned jazzer-type using the original in a studio (or stage) .
So. There's a lot of difference in my two. That's all.

Last edited:

Latest posts