The Fab Four are they the Fab Fake ??

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
The Fab Four are a Beatles tribute band, that claim no tracking, back ups, etc....in my opinion..I think not.

They sounded too good to me, so I dissected their concert video, in minute 24:38 "George" "understand is off

in minute 24:42 the "Do" is WAY OFF...lip sync all the way in my book. Troy have you heard this band ?

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry the more I watch it, the more it is fake, Ugh !!

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
Doesn't sound fake to me....when "George" hit a chord on his guitar before his number, the tone sounded just like it does on the song. And I didn't get a non-sync when I watched it. They sound really good.

DrumKeys

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm in a Beatles tribute band myself and I've seen this band twice before and got a chance to meet them after. I was very impressed by them and nothing I saw either time would seem to indicate any type of lip sync. Actually, the only parts I got a little suspicious of is when they played the big crescendo at the end of a day in the life. I did not watch the entire video above but I'd say they are totally legit. IIRC the George guy is actually from Liverpool.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Looks legit to me. If they were miming along why did "George" switch guitars in the middle of a song (around minute 22) and then back again after the roadie apparently fixed whatever the issue was? No reason for that if they were simply miming to a track. Sometimes the sync gets off on youtube depending on how you're watching it...at least it happens to me, videos that are perfectly in sync on my laptop sometimes seem slightly off when watched via our Roku stick.

The thing that bugs me is that RIMS mount and oversized "L" arm on "Ringo's" set.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They've been around forever. I think they're the best(I play in a Beatles band too). Fab Faux are great, but to my ears don't sound like the Fabs enough vocally.

Dan

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey I hope I am wrong, I watched most of it and yes they sound good, but I still think there is some tracking going on or something.
Sometimes Ringos' cymbals cut through and other times they dont, also at 1:27:36 during "Here comes the sun"
George turns his back and is not strumming his guitar for just a moment but guitar is strumming.

I agree with K.O. why not use a vintage kit to complete the scenery.

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks legit to me. It was dead on, during my stream. I've seen them live, and didnt think anything was backing them.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Hey I hope I am wrong, I watched most of it and yes they sound good, but I still think there is some tracking going on or something.
Sometimes Ringos' cymbals cut through and other times they dont, also at 1:27:36 during "Here comes the sun"
George turns his back and is not strumming his guitar for just a moment but guitar is strumming.

I agree with K.O. why not use a vintage kit to complete the scenery.
Three things:

Given the state of the world, I'm surprised this is on the OP's list of concerns.

The evidence is thin.

Hey everybody, this band is playing to a tape ... "Hey, I hope I'm wrong."

Hobbs

Reaction score
For the same reason I wouldn't want to find myself in a Crying Game sitch there's that same feeling with tribute bands. Watched a tad of the vid and it just seems kinda sad. Maybe it's how far they go to look exactly, play exactly, like the Beatles. Just cannot be done. The band broke up how many decades ago??? Time to let go and grow up.

NOW if you're playing a cover in your real band and making it your own, great. But of course, from what I hear, especially with Ringo nuts, is that if you don't play it exactly as Ringo played it, you're gonna get your butt kicked.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Three things:

Given the state of the world, I'm surprised this is on the OP's list of concerns.

The evidence is thin.

Hey everybody, this band is playing to a tape ... "Hey, I hope I'm wrong."
I just happened to come across this last night and watched a little of it and listened with headphones and a few things struck me a s a little odd
So I posted it to see if anyone else had thoughts, not really on my top list of concerns. I guess I was out of line calling it lyp sync etc.
As I have watched more, they sure do sound good, so if it is all live, hats off to them.

Last edited:

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's the thing....

With the overuse of tracks going on in the world, is it any wonder that we will start to question everything?

Whether The Fab Four are using tracks or not, so many bands are using them (especially the big pop acts who will perform aerial stage acrobatics without missing a note lol), we have come to expect something that sounds
"good" to be fake....

Fakery is the new black afterall...

Hobbs

Reaction score
I also think any legitimate Beatles act should have a "George Martin." Besides guitar George (my fave), why not the chef that put it all together???

DrumKeys

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I also think any legitimate Beatles act should have a "George Martin." Besides guitar George (my fave), why not the chef that put it all together???
Does an "Ed Sullivan" count for anything?