The Fab Four are they the Fab Fake ??

Hobbs

Reaction score
Does an "Ed Sullivan" count for anything?
Car salesman?

Too old to have seen the Ed Sullivan show in the day ~ but don't get the draw. Was he funny on purpose? A super conversationalist? Seems more a mortician. Not that I could do much better; but I wouldn't want to either.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He was just the frontman of a variety show.
That is like saying "Johnny Carson was just some guy who used to be on tv".

Lol

Ed Sullivan made a whole lotta people really rich and really famous. Pretty much could make or break any act or performer between 1948 and 1971. Highlights of his show included introducing the Beatles to the USA, not to mention putting a mildly famous singer named....Elvis....on prime time TV (while hiding his notorious pelvis).

Lol

Last edited:

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For the same reason I wouldn't want to find myself in a Crying Game sitch there's that same feeling with tribute bands. Watched a tad of the vid and it just seems kinda sad. Maybe it's how far they go to look exactly, play exactly, like the Beatles. Just cannot be done. The band broke up how many decades ago??? Time to let go and grow up.

NOW if you're playing a cover in your real band and making it your own, great. But of course, from what I hear, especially with Ringo nuts, is that if you don't play it exactly as Ringo played it, you're gonna get your butt kicked.
Dont you mean how Purdie played it ;)

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Three things:

Given the state of the world, I'm surprised this is on the OP's list of concerns.

The evidence is thin.

Hey everybody, this band is playing to a tape ... "Hey, I hope I'm wrong."
Do you realize any and all of us could make the same snarky comment about any of your threads?
Or do you only enjoy subjects that are designed to foment conflict?

DrumKeys

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Car salesman?

Too old to have seen the Ed Sullivan show in the day ~ but don't get the draw. Was he funny on purpose? A super conversationalist? Seems more a mortician. Not that I could do much better; but I wouldn't want to either.
WOOOSH!!

...the sound of a joke flying over someone's head.

gbow

Reaction score
All I can say is that I wish someone would analyze our videos this much :)

As Kiss once said, "I don't care if you love us or hate us, as long as you know about us."

gabo