The future that awaited me (Animals as Leaders) Drum cover

Alex Drummer

Reaction score

Last Animals as Leaders cover, from the album "the JOY of MOTION", "The future that awaited me".
This was tricky because of the odd time signatures!
Please drop me a line and let me know what you think of my cover.
Like (if you do!) and subscribe for next month's video Thank you all for watching!!

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's a fun video, Alex. All the way thru, I kept trying to find the "1" - you're a better drummer than I! I like all the camera angles, too, and the drum and cymbal sounds were really nice.

Honestly, even though I liked that song, I still don't understand the purpose of the music. Is it suitable as a movie soundtrack? Mood music? Just a musical exercise? Hmm . . . .

I never could get a handle on the brand of those beautiful drums, either. What are they?

Anyway, excellent job, my friend.

GeeDeeEmm

Alex Drummer

Reaction score
That's a fun video, Alex. All the way thru, I kept trying to find the "1" - you're a better drummer than I! I like all the camera angles, too, and the drum and cymbal sounds were really nice.

Honestly, even though I liked that song, I still don't understand the purpose of the music. Is it suitable as a movie soundtrack? Mood music? Just a musical exercise? Hmm . . . .

I never could get a handle on the brand of those beautiful drums, either. What are they?

Anyway, excellent job, my friend.

GeeDeeEmm
Thanks for watching and commenting! I play gretsch drums and the side snare is hand made.
To tell you the truth when i first heard this song i couldn't understand it either. it's really weird but to me it sounds calm and interesting.
So i tried my best to understand what Matt Garstka does, also tried to squeeze my point of view and some months later.. here we are!
The song still sounds calm and interesting but i understand it now, and to me that's the fun part in drums!
Thanks again!