The Greatest Masked Drummers of All Time

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daws Butler was a voice actor so it's doubtful he was actually in the Bingo costume miming to the music and very unlikely he played drums on those tracks.

Who really drummed for the Banana Splits? Who knows? Could have even been Hal Blaine.

rock roll

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought the Kiss dude(s) but I guess that is makeup, not a mask......
I was wondering the same about the kiss drummer.
It's a full face makeup to mask his identity.
Blueman group is makeup.

I would also like to add to the list ..... animal from sesame street ..... if you count banana splits .

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I was wondering the same about the kiss drummer.
It's a full face makeup to mask his identity.
Blueman group is makeup.

I would also like to add to the list ..... animal from sesame street ..... if you count banana splits .
It's hilarious you think Animal is a person with a mask. He's a puppet.

Since it's impossible for make-up to cover one's hair and ears, the Blue Man look is enough of a mask to earn their ranking.

Last edited:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Daws Butler was a voice actor so it's doubtful he was actually in the Bingo costume miming to the music and very unlikely he played drums on those tracks.

Who really drummed for the Banana Splits? Who knows? Could have even been Hal Blaine.
Dennis Wilson and plenty of other drummers of the period didn't play on the records ... but performed on TV and live. Bingo stays!

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dennis Wilson and plenty of other drummers of the period didn't play on the records ... but performed on TV and live. Bingo stays!
The question isn't whether Bingo belongs on the list, he definitely does. The question is who actually was Bingo? All Daws Butler did was record Bingo's dialog ( Bingo sounded suspiciously just like Elroy Jetson and several other Hanna-Barbera characters). Someone else was inside "Bingo" breathing life into him and drumming for the cameras.

On a side note, in second grade I was nuts about the then current Banana Splits. I wanted to put on a Banana Splits play at school with costumes and everything. I did the preliminaries of lining up classmates to play the various parts and started on a script before the the realities of a 7 year old trying to make those costumes sank in. Yes, I wanted to BE Bingo. Never happened.

Now then, who was the best animated drummer?

Last edited:

10thMtnDivCpl

Reaction score
Missing Delta Empire...
Great choice! The only 'drum covers' channel I've subscribed to on YouTube. Very eclectic choice of songs. His 2 original albums are interesting as well.

His rendition of Panter's "Becoming" is about as spot-on as you can get:

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think I posted this elsewhere ... :)
278943194_145050131370583_7035764186183495557_n.jpg