stuart s

Reaction score
today happiness was watching benny hill pronouncing, mis-pronouncing Happiness

Last edited:

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a quarter the other day walking home from work.

People seem to just throw change around everywhere, kids I'm guessing. I find nickles and pennies walking back and forth to work. I pick them up and put them in a 5 gal glass carboy I have in the living room. It's filling up.

Maybe when it's full I can fill the truck up with gas. :p

This time it was a quarter and it made me smile. Sometimes stupid little things do that.
I have a large (maybe 10 gal, maybe more) glass container that I'd been filling with my pocket change since 2008. A few weeks ago I spent a couple of afternoons putting all the coins in wrappers while I watched the Dodgers on TV, then I took the wrapped coins to the bank — the total was $501.00. The next time I fall in love with a cymbal it'll be that much easier for me to say "I do!"

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy! I remember when Ren & Stimpy came out, that was the weirdest, stupidest, funniest, most random thing I had ever seen. And I loved every minute of it.

The early work was phenomenal.
The animation style was insane.
The writing didn’t hurt either.
Amazing animated series.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just came from Spain, vacation with my wife for three weeks. We basically did nothing except hanging on the beach, swimming and playing in the ocean, in or by the pool, did walks, dined out once or twice a day, talked, laughed a lot and enjoyed being silent together. Seeing my wife all smiles every day, laughing and enjoying herself; pure happiness.

My key is be responsible for who and what you are. Be kind and helpful.
Sounds amazing.
My wife and I (plus a friend of ours) spent 2 glorious days in Iceland back in late April and were absolutely mesmerized by, well, everything and everyone there. We plan to go back sometime soon and stay *even* longer. You live in an incredibly beautiful country, if you didn’t know already :)

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Happened again, after walking to work to the local garage to pick my wife's truck up from an oil change found two pennies and nearby another quarter.

It's weird, it's like folks just throw their change out the window.

27 cents in the carboy, that much closer to retirement. :p

1655784213588.jpeg

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Happened again, after walking to work to the local garage to pick my wife's truck up from an oil change found two pennies and nearby another quarter.

It's weird, it's like folks just throw their change out the window.

27 cents in the carboy, that much closer to retirement. :p

View attachment 566842
Granddad used to say,If you're too rich to pick up a penny you're too rich!

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate and cultivate the ability to recognize peace/joy/wonder/awe, but I thought we were talking about over the top glee? Like running as fast and as long as you can and crashing to the the ground in fits of uncontrollable laughter as a kid (got to pay attention to my darn old heart these days.)
It is definitely something I have less often as I age. Giddiness, but it still happens sometimes. Cocktail conversation, playing cards or foosball. It's a friendly reminder that I am not in control of this life however good control may be as an aspiration.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy! I remember when Ren & Stimpy came out, that was the weirdest, stupidest, funniest, most random thing I had ever seen. And I loved every minute of it.
Me too. That show was so oddball and brilliant. I had a Ren & Stimpy "Happy Happy" sticker on my front bass head for like 10 years or more, at every gig.