The Jerry Allison Appreciation Club

exliontamer

Reaction score
He's an architect. He invented, juxtaposed, & contextualized ideas that had never been done before. It's easy to take these things for granted when the influencer never got as much recognition as the people they influenced. Here's to Jerry and that entire crew. I know you people from Texas have a strange amount of pride. I'll give you brisket and Buddy Holly.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
My band opened for the Crickets 3 times back in the 1980s. Jerry was a cool guy and a great drummer. Buddy Holly and the Crickets were a big influence on the Beatles and surely some of Jerry's style influenced Ringo's, who in turn influenced multitudes.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He's an architect. He invented, juxtaposed, & contextualized ideas that had never been done before. It's easy to take these things for granted when the influencer never got as much recognition as the people they influenced. Here's to Jerry and that entire crew. I know you people from Texas have a strange amount of pride. I'll give you brisket and Buddy Holly.

Great band and music. I dont think he touched a cymbal during Peggy Sue.

Way Out Wardell

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times. He really broke the paradigm of early rock drumming, from Peggy Sue, playing his knees on 'Everyday', a cardboard box on 'Not Fade Away'...
This is a rare clip of a show called Opry Almanac that features, among others, Roger Miller, Thumbs Carlille and at the 33 min mark an interview with Jerry.