header.nohb.html

The last concert I went to was.........................

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dog trying to bite a snare drum - in my living room, last night. It was short. I mean the concert as well as the dog.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eagles in 2012 I think.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Petty on his final tour . One of the best shows I have ever seen .

goodcat1337

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mine was right before the pandemic, back in February 2020. I'll never forget this night. My favorite band of all time, Thrice was playing in Columbia, SC at a place called The Senate. So, this venue is basically in the middle of downtown, so parking isn't exactly plentiful. There's an Ihop right next door, so we went and ate there before the show, and just left our car in their parking lot. Show was great, we were all feeling pretty good after it was over. We walk down the sidewalk and into the Ihop parking lot, and I realize my car is gone. I thought it was stolen at first, until I see a sign on the dumpster way off to the side at the very edge of their parking lot. It basically says No Parking, Violators Will Be Towed.

So my first thought is that the city is the one that towed it, so I called their number. They said they don't enforce that for private businesses, and I would have to find out who towed it. So, turns out it was just some local tow company and they were holding it for $500 in cash. At this point, it's like 1 something at night, and this place closes at 4AM and won't reopen until 10AM the next day. obviously all banks are closed, and we have no car to try and drive around to find an ATM.

Out of nowhere, some friends of ours that we didn't even know were at the show came walking up to tell us hi. They were generous enough to offer us a ride to an ATM and to the tow place. Finally got our car and got home around 5AM the next morning.

So yeah, that was the last concert I went to......

ppfd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you count the Grand of Oprey, that was it. Probably 4 years ago, Trace Adkins was the headliner. Was pretty good, as I don’t like country music.

Did a tour of the Ryman auditorium, there was a band sound checking and I can’t remember who they were now. Got to sit and listen to the sound check for a few tunes. They were pretty good and that place had awesome acoustics

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lyndsay Buckingham Dec 17th ..

Before that , Steven Wilson Dec 21st 2018 .
Best concert I’ve ever been too .

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
On Oct. 23, I saw "The Best Metal Drummer in the World Right Now," Mario DuPlantier with Gojira in Asheville.

I'd seen Gojira (of France) in an 800-cap. club in Asheville twice before, so it was great to see them upgraded to a big theater.

New Zealand's Alien Weaponry opened the show. Great young band ... Too bad they only played about 30 minutes. Knocked Loose is not my bag, but fun to see the energy they brought.

I parked on the street about one mile away from the venue to avoid any issues.

I'd reported earlier on seeing Primus play Rush's "Farewell to Kings" in its entirety during the summer. The Sword was great as the opener. Loved the way Primus interpreted a great Rush album.

Also saw the up-and-coming Spiritbox and Sabaton in September, as well as Testament. Spiritbox was insanely good ... I think Courtney LaPlante has the best voice in metal.

Other summer highlights -- Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit in Boone, NC, and Alanis Morrisette/Garbage in Charlotte.

Looks like it'll be awhile before more shows come through, but I have some hope the summer will be different.

Sonar Dave

Reaction score
I can't remember either. My next one is Dream Theater in about 6 weeks.

drums1225

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Billy Joel at Bills' Stadium (whichever corporate name it has) in Buffalo, back in August.

Saw Nate Smith and Kinfolk at a club in NYC in October.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
King Crimson outdoors in Lewiston NY, August 2021.

I did just see a new Percy Jones project called PAKT at a Buffalo club (The Tralf) but I consider the Crimson show to be the big, full concert experience.

20210827_220751.jpg

20210827_220806.jpg

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Live, Bush and OLP two years ago just before the apocalypse hit.

We've seen a number of local bar bands since but I'm assuming they don't count.

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rippingtons over ten years ago in Tucson and Buckwheat Zydeco the same year in St. Louis the same year.