The last concert I went to was.........................

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If ballet counts, then it was The Nutcracker at the Royal Danish Theatre a few weeks ago:

The last proper rock concert I saw was D-A-D at an open air gig this summer (the closest thing to a festival I've been to in over two years):

Roskilde?

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Roskilde?
I wish!
Roskilde has been cancelled for the past 2 years, which has been a real bummer for me, as I've been going every year since I was 17. And D-A-D hasn't played there since '05, because the festival won't pay "headliner money" to Danish bands.
This was a one day event at Refshaleøen, a former navy/industrial area in Copenhagen.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Musical Box @ La place des arts in Montreal, february 2020, just weeks before everything shut down. Show was great, musicians were tight and their current drummer did a great job of recreating those awesome old-school Phil Collins parts. They played mostly stuff from the Peter Gabriel era with a few numbers off of A trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering sprinkled in.

I wish I could've attended more concerts but my band has been pretty busy on the road in the few windows where it has been possible. Right now everything is at a standstill again for the next few weeks at the very least. And we've had to post-pone the 16 dates we had lined up for january. February is still up in the air at the moment.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky you. How was Gavin?

A beast! :) Pat Mastelotto is my favorite drummer over the last 15 years or so, but I love Gavin's playing too. I've seen him twice with Crimson and twice with Porcupine Tree. If you've seen live video's of him, that's the way it is. Spot on, precise and creative. The 3 drummers passing notes around is mind boggling. That's the best way I can describe it - passing around - because they never all play the same thing at the same time. Check out the King Crimson "Meltdown - Live in Mexico" set for a great look at all of it. Insane!

Mayan

Reaction score
Saw the last two nights of the Dead and Company tour @ The Hollywood Bowl 10/30 and 10/31. John Mayer is beyond talented.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rosanno Sportiello Trio, Friday September 10, 2021 at The Jazz Corner located in Hilton Head Island, SC.

Some videos that I shot (I was sitting less than two meters from Eddie Metz who is one of my drumming heroes.)

Cpb282

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vulfpeck, September 28, 2019. Madison Square Garden.

shilohjim

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Saw On Top of the World Carpenter's Tribute at the Levoy Theatre on Dec. 18th, and the Monkees (Mike & Micky) at the end of October.

jmato

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Crowes and Dirty Honey this summer outdoors.

We are supposed to Mammoth WVH/Dirty Honey in Chicago end of January, and Rival Sons/GVF in Grand Rapids end of March. Dying to see Rival Sons finally, as the pandemic has cancelled those plans for me a few times. I am curious if the pandemic will cancel these plans too.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
If a small venue jazz show counts as a concert, then I saw the Tal Cohen Trio with Dave Chiverton this past Summer of 2021, post vaccine, pre Omicron. The last rock concert, don’t remember.
It counts in my opinion. A small jazz venue is exactly what I posted too. Prior to that it was a Dead concert in Irvine, CA in 87 (or was it 88?) and a Hot Tuna Concert in San Diego (small venue) in 89.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
It counts in my opinion. A small jazz venue is exactly what I posted too. Prior to that it was a Dead concert in Irvine, CA in 87 (or was it 88?) and a Hot Tuna Concert in San Diego (small venue) in 89.
Come to think of it, The Dead may have been the last rock concert I went to. Couldn’t tell you what year. Probably somewhere between 82’ and 84’. The thing I remember most was the 2 drummers and the large troupe of barefoot crazies dressed in overalls dancing in front of the stage.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last concert was a small acoustic show with Vanessa Carlton at the NYC City Winery in November.

Last full band concert was Lindsey Buckingham in September at Town Hall.

Dan

JimmySticks

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrea Bocelli, Madison Square Garden a couple of years ago just before Covid.

I know that's not what you're looking for, but man, that voice, like from God Himself! I couldn't look at my wife because I was :crybaby:through half the show! Yeah, I'm getting old...