The Level System

jeffwj

Reaction score
I have just recently joined the forum, so I checked with Ben (drawtheline55)to make sure that it was ok to post here (I wanted to make sure I wasn't violating the rules of the forum). As the subtitle of the thread states, I this is both an introduction and announcement. First, the introduction:

My book, The Level System, was released last year through Alfred Publications. It is an overview of the accenting system that I studied with Joe Morello. It covers the use of full strokes, upstrokes, downstrokes, and taps to perform accented patterns. Feel free to visit my website for more information. As I told Ben, I do not handle sales (I let the stores take care of that) so I cannot offer discounts. But I can assure you that I will answer any questions that you may have about the book or the technique. Feel free to reply or PM with any questions.

And now for the announcement - I am proud to announce that The Level System was nominated for best book of the year by Drum magazine. If you have checked out the book and feel it is worthy of a vote, please visit www.drummagazine.com/drummies Voting closes on the 15th!

Thanks to everyone - I am loving the forum, especially the General section and Teachers Lounge.

Jeff

jeffwj

Reaction score
Just a reminder that today is the last day to vote in the Drummies. Thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement.

www.drummagazine.com/drummies

Jeff

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like a very interesting book, and welcome to the forum Jeff, Ben

jeffwj

Reaction score
Just a note to let everyone know that The Level System has been reviewed by Modern Drummer Magazine. Please look for the review in the April 2013 issue (the one with Tommy Igoe on the Cover).

Thanks,

Jeff

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I saw your book was named a runner-up in The Drummies! Congrats!

jeffwj

Reaction score
gutenberg said:
I saw your book was named a runner-up in The Drummies! Congrats!
Yes, thank you. The Level System has some in as first runner up in the Drum Magazine Drummie awards. Thank you to everyone for your support.

Also, a big congratulations to Dave Black for winning first place for Alfred's Drum Method Complete. Dave is the percussion editor for Alfred Publishing. He believed in The Level System enough to accept it into their catalog of outstanding publications. Thanks Dave.

Another reminder that you can read the review of The Level System in the April issue of Modern Drummer Magazine. You can also read my reviews of drumset materials in Percussive Notes, the trade journal of the Percussive Arts Society.

Thanks again everyone!

Jeff

Latest posts