The lightest ride cymbal in existence??

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just got an answer back from a major music store re: the weight of a vintage 22” ride. I hope you aren’t wearing any shoes right now, because this is going to blow your socks off....

You ready?

16 oz! Or, just under 454g, which would make it one of the lightest cymbals in my entire collection, regardless of size. Only problem is, I’d probably be afraid to breathe on it, let alone crash it with a stick!

It’s so thin, I think I could use it to wrap my leftovers for lunch the next day.

They really don’t make cymbals like they used to, huh?

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 15" thin crash that rides well, but it's massive in comparison at 796 g

toddbishop

Reaction score
I had an absurdly thin Bosphorus Master flat ride, I think 20", it must have been under 1400g. It sounded like a slinky. Totally useless as a cymbal.

egw

Reaction score
Yeah, right. That would be like hitting a piece of aluminum foil.

harry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got an answer back from a major music store re: the weight of a vintage 22” ride. I hope you aren’t wearing any shoes right now, because this is going to blow your socks off....

You ready?

16 oz! Or, just under 454g, which would make it one of the lightest cymbals in my entire collection, regardless of size. Only problem is, I’d probably be afraid to breathe on it, let alone crash it with a stick!

It’s so thin, I think I could use it to wrap my leftovers for lunch the next day.

They really don’t make cymbals like they used to, huh?
So who makes lt?

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Reading from the top post, I immediately thought of Masterwork/Bosphorus. I have seen some 22's in both lines, thinner than a thin 17" crash

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

that has a mean low to it; don't dismiss it too quickly...
listen for it (right at :20)
(again at :42- :44) not saying I'd buy it just saying

Last edited: