the little things that count - drum related purchases

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This:

I have the drop clutch version. Unfortunately, after very little use the rubber cover for the release lever split and is about to fall off. Oh well. Gave me an excuse to try the Tama sizzle touch hi hat drop clutch which looks more robust in that area.

https://www.tama.com/usa/products/detail/stdc7.html

Last edited:

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the HA400 which has 4 inputs. Best $24 you can spend. I have headphones, studio monitors, 24 track recorder and a personal monitor hooked up to that little box!
My input to the box is my computer!
Works like a champ!

It's got no power switch so I bought one of these and it took care of that problem:

GE.png

Last edited:

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Over the years I've acquired a number of items as mentioned above. I also plan to cut my Hi-Hat rod since I just setup my late 80's 7 piece kit for practice. The rod is in the way of the 9x8 rack tom.

My Rock N Roller is a must, I love the Dickson Riser for the little drums. It's also a must to have a Mackie powered monitor/mini PA, 150 watts that setts on top of a mic stand. And I must mention the 5x5' rubber drum pad/carpet that will fold or roll up in a small bundle that fits inside of most hardware cases with the hardware.

I think the most loved item I own is the Grove Wedge that mounts on one side from the snare rim, used for cross stick work. An essential action drummers use in Country or Latin music and other types as well.

The last item I ordered at the beginning of 2020 and not used until recently for a gig is the Drummer's Palette. A small stick tray that mounts on the rim of a floor tom. It's big enough the hold two pairs of sticks or one pair and a brush set while your playing. It's great for quick exchange of tools as needed. Or, like me if you drop a stick there's one for quick pickup. It ships from Japan, I ordered it through Amazon because I didn't want to order direct out of country. It takes about 28 to 30 days to get it and it works great for me. It's better than trying to stick your sticks into a bag in a dark corner. LOL

BTW: Have you ever dropped anything on the floor while gigging? LOL Go to a big box store and get one of those grabber sticks. You don't have to be a contortionist to pick up from behind a drum set with one. LOL

sherm

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a purchase per se, but a small payment to have a metal shop cut down my hi-hat rod ..... :).......one other thing was a small trolley I once bought for a very heavy DW Edge snare ......don't have either now though.
I always cut mine in my garage. Been doing it for years. Just sayin...

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This topic is too funny. Wifey poo always complains that I’m the hardest person to shop for she’s ever known. I ALWAYS get what I want/need before she can do it for me. She is correct.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a large stick bag with everything in it but oxygen acetylene tanks. Used to haul it everywhere and it was as heavy as an ox’s head.
Someone here hipped me to the small Tama Powerpad stick bag. Suddenly my travel got A LOT easier.

View attachment 475982
I have that same one! Since I don't break or even shred sticks very much, it's perfect. I think I fit 4 prs, plus a pair of brushes and a pair of plastic rods.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently Purchased a 24 bag for my 22 now it slides in and out like a greased weasel even with the Bigfoot spurs on. Life is good.
CCC71F0C-D755-4A84-848D-652FA81DBCD3.jpeg

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting one of those for gigs when I don't play double bass. Too cool looking to pass up.

I wonder if Rogers borrowed the patent from Gibraltar for the quick release part, and if they had to pay to do so. They look exactly the same.
Probably made same factory in the Far East . So quick and easy.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW: Have you ever dropped anything on the floor while gigging? LOL Go to a big box store and get one of those grabber sticks. You don't have to be a contortionist to pick up from behind a drum set with one. LOL

sherm
I like this idea but for one thing. I'd look like an old fogey using the grabber behind the kit at a gig. hah

I'd surely use it in the practice room, though.

Last edited:

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CherryClassic, post: 2038314, member: 779"

sherm
I like this idea but for one thing. I'd look like an old fogey using the grabber behind the kit at a gig. hah

I'd surely use it in the practice room, though.
[/QUOTE]
That could easily get out of hand on the gig lol

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not. Monitor line straight in. Between the output volume on our PA (I usually use a different monitor or the headphones output), and the volume on the Behringer, I've never needed too.
Be careful! There could be a day where it's the last time you go without a limiter.
This topic is too funny. Wifey poo always complains that I’m the hardest person to shop for she’s ever known. I ALWAYS get what I want/need before she can do it for me. She is correct.
You could've had years worth of stocking stuffers! hah