The Most Hated Rock Bands of All Time, According to Data

utetwo

Reaction score
You can probably guess from my name that I'm a bit biased :profileleft:

Chris Furfaro

Reaction score
I think you should swap The Doors out with the grammy award winning Foo Fighters

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
I'm relatively new around here, and *now* I see what people mean when they say things like, "That's like something VB would post." Now I feel like I'm a little more in-the-know around here.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best Life magazine has scientifically ranked the Most Hated Rock Bands of All Time using an easy-to-understand algorithm based on a sound analytical, mathematical results. In part, bands are ranked based on whether they appear on several popular "hated band" rankings. Here are the stats on Linkin Park (RIP):

LA Weekly's worst bands: N/A
Vice's worst musicians: No
Ultimate Guitar's worst bands: N/A
Ranker's most overrated artists:N/A
Ranker's worst rock bands: 325
Hated Band Index: 0.00

With that explanation, here's a ranking you have to respect for the solid science behind it:

(* Vistalite Black has seen this band live. ^ Vistalite Black fully agrees with ranking).

20. Spin Doctors^

19. Nirvana

18. Rush***

17. Pearl Jam

16. Oasis

15. KORN*^

14. Metallica**

13. The Doors

12. Green Day

11. Coldplay^

10. Dave Matthews Band

9. KISS*

8. Radiohead

7. Phish

6. Bob Dylan*

5. Mumford & Sons

4. U2*

3. Creed^

2. Limp Bizkit*

1. Nickelback^

This Is the Most Hated Rock Band of All Time, According to Data | Best Life (bestlifeonline.com)
I can’t take the science or the “algorithm “ (not much of one) too seriously, but I don’t mind seeing NB at number 1.

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Agreed on Grateful Dead...

I heard a live version of GOING DOWN THE ROAD on American Routes just last week... sounded like a very sloppy bar band. The Vocals were just atrocious.

I grew up in that era, and my older brother had the first GD album but I never "got" them. Conversely, I bought the first QUICKSILVER album and the JEFFERSON AIRPLANE "Pillow" and "Crown" albums and loved 'em!

Last edited:

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Agreed on Grateful Dead...

I heard a live version of GOING DOWN THE ROAD" on American Routes just last week... sounded like a very sloppy bar band. The Vocals were just atrocious.

I grew up in that era, and my older brother had the first GD album but I never "got" them. Conversely, I bought the first QUICKSILVER album and the JEFFERSON AIRPLANE "Pillow" and 'Crown" albums and loved 'em!
There's a reason you need to be dosed to listen to them.

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only concert I ever walked out on was "Da Dead" at the Fillmore East. I actually went to see the opener (I think it was Chuck Berry), and thought I would stay to see what a Dead concert was all about. Gerry Garcia stood there ( looking very stoned) playing an aimless, meandering solo with one of the drummers while the rest of the band was running around trying to fix an inoperative amp...totally unprofessional and not to mention unlistenable...I walked!