header.nohb.html

The Most Rare Signature Drumsticks Of All Time?

Igen Drum Sticks

Making Drumsticks since 1984
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Gretsch Tony Williams sticks that Tony gave to me (from his stick bag) at a session that he invited me to. I wish I had asked him sign a drum head for me. I'll have to live with the sticks and the memories!

MSG
From what I understand, some of the Cappella artists had completely different models from what the public had available to them...the Zildjian model that you guys made for him, may have been one of those examples. The Cappella catalog I have from the original family, shows the stick as having a taper that all of a sudden went straight...so the publics model in my opinion was different than the one you guys got from him that he actually played...I think I have a Zildjian Tony Williams around, any way I had pondered that years ago...

robthedrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I still cringe at the thought of this.....

When I was a kid in sixth grade, my drum teacher took me and another student to the Ludwig factory in Chicago. Ludwig Sr. was retired, but still living. My teacher knew the Ludwig family pretty well and arranged for WFL to give us a tour of the factory. At the end of the tour he signed and gave each of us a pair of sticks.

I always showed them to all my drummer friends and didn't stash them away like I should've. Somewhere along the line while in high school, one of my 'friends' stole them. Never figured out who did it.

heartbroken.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Got a new one tonight — Imperial Triumphant!

Attachments

• 71039BBA-2820-44E2-83CE-2F3C30DDACD6.jpeg
    71039BBA-2820-44E2-83CE-2F3C30DDACD6.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 22

Living Dead Drummer

Reaction score
I’ve got a few in my collection that I guess would be “rare.”

A pair of Regal Tip JC model signed by Joe Calato.

A few pair of Tommy Lee sticks. Including his Vic Firth signature model from the Dr. Feelgood era with the Red Nylon Tips, and two different pair of Vater prototypes that never went into production. Those were made around 2005 with the Motley reunion, but he backed out of the deal.

Pair of John Tempesta’s Zildjian model from the Rob Zombie days.

Pair of Ringo’s stage used Pro Marks. These were authenticated by his personal historian. They have purple ink for the logo and name, as were the ones sold in stores had red.

The last pair of Lars Ulrich signature Regal Tip 5B’s from 1996.

I’d love to get my hands on some of the other old Regal Tip artists sticks. Many are from the 70’s & 80’s but a few from the 90’s.

Peter Criss
Joey Kramer
Josh Freese (not sure if he had his name on them)
Dave Grohl (not sure if he had his name on them)

Living Dead Drummer

Reaction score
Would the rarest signature drumsticks of all time be of someone super famous — like Bonham or Baker — or would it be of a drummer who is beloved, but not quite a household name?

All I know is when I saw a set
of old stock sticks bearing the signature of Torry Castallano of The Donnas, I had to have them! Donna C!

They are now secured in The Vault. If you guys are nice, I may show you other treasures I have secured there.
View attachment 448684
If you’re a Donna’s fan, I’ve got a cool story for ya. Couple years ago their manager came by and donated a BUNCH of their gear. Road cases, amp heads, and two of Torry’s Pearl drum kits. They are now set up for the students of School of Rock in Burbank and Pasadena.

Frequentflyer

Reaction score
I have a pair of sticks given to me by John Panozzo of Styx at a Radio City Music Hall concert in the mid 80's. They are stained/laquered and unmarked aside from his name embossed in blue inlay. I am not sure who made them. He also wrote me a note that said, "Best of luck, John Panozzo - Styx". Great guy. - RIP.

chrisr777

Reaction score
Land Richards gave me a pair of his sig sticks to try. They were not my style, but I still have them.

MMG

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re a Donna’s fan, I’ve got a cool story for ya. Couple years ago their manager came by and donated a BUNCH of their gear. Road cases, amp heads, and two of Torry’s Pearl drum kits. They are now set up for the students of School of Rock in Burbank and Pasadena.
I have a pair of Ludwig and Premier drumsticks of Barrett Deems, who played with Louis Armstrong.

rsq911

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a pair of Ludwig blue label Roy Haynes sticks, played by and given to me by Roy when I was in grad school. He was doing a weekend residency, clinics, master class, concert, etc…. We hung out all weekend, absolutely awesome! He even used one of my snares and toms for the concert!!!!

krupanut

Reaction score
Huh? Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Photos are clear on my phone.
Anyway those are Slingerland Sid Catlett signature sticks.