The Official 2019 WHITE MARINE PEARL Thread... Post Em' Up!

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
20-12-16 rewrapped orphans, Niles toms, Chicago bass, brass supra, Maxwell rail, vintage Slingy stands, WFL speed king, old A crashes & hats, K dark rides, LSR flat w/1 rivet, one last kit and done.....is there any better color than WMP?!!!

LOVE that kit, RP! It has it all - even vintage flat based stands. Lovely!

How do you like the Maxwell rail? I'm still debating how to equip my Slingerland bass drum - Maxwell rail (most likely), or Maxwell Swivo reproduction. Tried the Gibraltar rail, but no go.

GeeDeeEmm

rpludwig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
GDE...really like the Maxwell rail, I did use a short L-arm to a Ludwig rack tom bracket as you can see in the pic v. the vintage tongue mount for a bit more adjustability inboard/outboard, so it's not totally period correct...I really dislike all the "plumbing" in some of today's mounts, so keeping it simple as in days past, plenty adjustable enough and this is a players kit to suit the player (me), plenty vintage enough as I care to get, nothing I would change....

(edit, I will say, after the rewrap I was quite hesitant to drill the "virgin" bass, hung the rack from a cymbal stand for awhile, but caved in to the rail and pleased I did, being a rewrap, no extra holes in anything (now!)...fwiw)

Last edited:

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sold this kit last winter but kept the snare. 13, 16, 18, 24. Orphans wrapped in jamming Sams product. Snare is a solid maple shell that I saved by building a steam box and a jig to get it back in round, so glad I kept it.
my kit left.JPG

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Latest posts