header.nohb.html

The Official DFO RANDOM DRUM PHOTO Thread!!!!

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
814B8C9B-4257-4E8D-9B11-CFA25F10F4C4.jpeg

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got too many post in this thread, keep posting your random drum pics that just have no where else to go, I love seeing all your pics!

From a local restaurant / venue gig last week... my INDe's feeling blue!

20220709_202027 copy.jpg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
A couple of pics of the Sonor kit, as it currently exists. I had just received the 22" Sabian AAX Thin ride at the time these were taken. I'm currently thinking of putting one of my Dream Bliss rides back on, in its place....

Sabian_22AAXThin.jpg
Sabian_22AAXThin_1.jpg

...dam fluorescent ceiling lights! They wash out the natural finish of my kit so badly! :cussing:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...and finally (for now :evil2:), I take you back to those care free days of July 1999!
I had just received my Ludwig kit (took it home on July 2nd) and it was probably a couple of weeks old when this picture was shot.
I had to borrow a digital camera from my brother because I didn't have one in those days (they were expensive back then!).
This is (pretty much) the original setup; 18/10/14/13x3 in Cherry stain. On the left, we have a 12" Paiste Sig splash over a 20" Paiste Sig Mellow Ride. On the right, we have an 11" UFIP China Splash over a 20" Grand Master Original Light Ride.
The stands are all Gibraltar JZ series.
I had just replaced the BD heads. Originally clear Silver Dot in back, 90th anniversary logo head up front. Replaced with a Fiberskyn 3 / Powerstroke 3 in back and Texture Coated up front.
I put some masking tape on the inside of the TC head, around the edge and it came off pretty nice.
Big, fat and warm, but gated. I was still in the process of replacing my Rock sensibilities with Jazzier sensibilities (these days, I play the bass wide open and it works just fine).
To be honest, it was a hard setup to play. I was constantly wackin' the splashes when I didn't mean to. They were the first to go, along with the Grand Master. GM ride was too much of a good thing and I didn't have the patience to learn to play it, so it all got traded for an 18" crash. Might've been a Dimensions, but honestly, I can't remember anymore. I just remember it was heavy enough to be used as a light ride.

Ludwig_ClassicMaple_07-99.jpg

Last edited: