header.nohb.html

The Official DFO RANDOM DRUM PHOTO Thread!!!!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm very much a nester when home so those times that things are upside down for reno, etc... it's tough on my mood...
Same here... I spend enough time sleeping in hotels, living out of suitcases that I HATE disruptions in my home bubble... But the staff shortages have hit the construction industry as well so my guy has started the job a few weeks behind schedule. All the work was supposed to be done when my GF still had her appartment. Now, like for pretty much everything else, things got way more complex than they should be. But hey! It'll all be done in a few weeks and I'll be happy to live in a rejuvenated house...

Skins_in_the_game

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Showed up to a practice and forgot that I had taken snare stand to a gig, so this extra throne and sticks to rest on had to do. Band mates didn't seem to notice the difference.

Attachments

• 20220726_202739.jpg
    20220726_202739.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 13

patrickwitherow

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They look extra sparkly this morning...
I used the '65 Acro yesterday live. I always forget how great a snare this is and mic'd up hearing it in my ears is amazing.
I recently swapped the very tight Coated Ambassador batter for an old Coated Emperor X just to experiment. The (much) thicker head really gave the snare some meat and tone. With the head set to around a medium tightness it sounds amazing. The snare-side head was also loosened up a bit - it was cranked really high. The 12-strand wires aren't sloppy loose, but they aren't tight either. Apparently this snare likes to breathe :)

65B75D51-13CA-4F03-8DC4-115EED6B4580_1_201_a.jpeg