The Official Slingerland Drum Thread

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
jp those are fantastic snares, and great pictures of them! You don’t happen to have a silver sparkle snare with a black and silver badge do you?

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wanted an Avante set since I first saw one in a Slingerland catalog. I found a used one in 2011 and purchased it, but unfortunately the shells were in terrible condition. I think that the previous owner had the three mounted toms on the bass without a front head (as we all did in the 70's). The bass drum had humongus cracks under the tom mounts, and they just kept spreading. I sold them in 2017 and purchased a set of Stone Custom drums, which are made using the Slingerland molds in the same shell configuration as the old Slingerlands.

Slingerland Avante.jpg

My new Stone Custom set (almost like buying a new set of Slingerland drums....almost).

IMG_0402.JPG

mfryed2112

DFO Star
Reaction score
My 2 projects, the stage band was originally going to have a 14 inch tom and a 12, silver and purple sparkle. but this 12x15 came along and I wanted a 15 anyways, so I guess silver sparkle for the 12. And then I have this 14,18,24 in white. wrap is cracked badly. I have a 12 on the way. Looking for a 16 inch floor tom and a virgin 24, I’m thinking red sparkle
EA5232E9-98F8-437D-A06F-2F1F0BDED77C.jpeg
938292AC-F088-4804-ADC8-B379FC0F53E9.jpeg

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
The Slingerlands are very warm and just a joy to play. The interiors are spotless an almost look new.
The Radio King was painted red when I found her. I prepped her and took it to a local furniture guy who finished it. . I deal with a top rim slightly out of round but it is a solid drum. Sounds way different from modern snare drums that is for sure

Attachments

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
I wanted an Avante set since I first saw one in a Slingerland catalog. I found a used one in 2011 and purchased it, but unfortunately the shells were in terrible condition. I think that the previous owner had the three mounted toms on the bass without a front head (as we all did in the 70's). The bass drum had humongus cracks under the tom mounts, and they just kept spreading. I sold them in 2017 and purchased a set of Stone Custom drums, which are made using the Slingerland molds in the same shell configuration as the old Slingerlands.

View attachment 467996

My new Stone Custom set (almost like buying a new set of Slingerland drums....almost).

View attachment 467997
Can I google Stone Custom drums and get him to do some work for me?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
My 2 projects, the stage band was originally going to have a 14 inch tom and a 12, silver and purple sparkle. but this 12x15 came along and I wanted a 15 anyways, so I guess silver sparkle for the 12. And then I have this 14,18,24 in white. wrap is cracked badly. I have a 12 on the way. Looking for a 16 inch floor tom and a virgin 24, I’m thinking red sparkle View attachment 468447
I can’t see see the leg mounts on that 15, are they Slingerland mounts? I put Ludwig Standard leg mounts on a red 12x15 and sold it to a member here. Wonder if it’s the same one.

allandwf

Reaction score
Got a 59/60 Gene Krupa Deluxe 22 13 16 in Capri Pearl. Added a 14" Floor, in Capri, when it popped op locally. Then added an 18" Floor, again in Capri, as never seen another.
Also have 6 various 14" snares in Capri pearl, and 15" Marching snare in Capri Pearl.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This week I sold my '62 silver sparkle kit with original calf skin heads. 12/14/22/Hollywood Ace. Had it for 14 months and it served me well. More green pastures to explore. It went to a very good home only 30 minutes from me.

And below mine is a silver sparkle '65 stage band - 1 owner kit perfectly preserved down to the original Meinl cymbals & clamp on stands and mounts. Sadly, it was parted out this year by the next owner/dealer. I didn't get to it in time back in March to rescue it. A final remembrance.
Original owner told me he bought everything in that kit on day one. That's what they had available in the store.

Dec 1958 Krupa snare in BDP added this week too. Saw it pop up on Reverb and Ebay this week and said...."why not." One butt plate screw and some tension rods from being 100%. Sold my BDP Slingerland kit a couple months ago. Would have liked to have tried this with those.

best 3.jpg

slingerland silver sparkle Southbridge.jpg

best 1.JPG

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a 59/60 Gene Krupa Deluxe 22 13 16 in Capri Pearl. Added a 14" Floor, in Capri, when it popped op locally. Then added an 18" Floor, again in Capri, as never seen another.
Also have 6 various 14" snares in Capri pearl, and 15" Marching snare in Capri Pearl.
What the heck! Pics man, pics!

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of the Slingerland Kits and such that have passed through.
There were quite a few more than this, but I believe this suffices for the "memory" button that is pushed.

IMG_0267.jpeg
IMG_3831.jpeg
IMG_1757.jpeg
SlingerlandKitSetup.jpg
photo.JPG
photo 2.JPG