The redesigned A Medium Ride

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I need to check the A redesigns out. A’s sucked so hard for so long I’ve frankly ignored new ones for years.
I'm running all redesigned A's on my kit, I love them. I have:

14" Mastersounds
15" New Beats
18" Thin Crash
19" Thin Crash
21" Sweet Ride
23" Sweet Ride

I tend to skew to bigger cymbals, as you can see, but they have a great sound. Nice and warm with the perfect amount of cut for a live show. I'm hoping to find a 17" Thin Crash so I can run my "all odd sizes" setup.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm running all redesigned A's on my kit, I love them. I have:

14" Mastersounds
15" New Beats
18" Thin Crash
19" Thin Crash
21" Sweet Ride
23" Sweet Ride

I tend to skew to bigger cymbals, as you can see, but they have a great sound. Nice and warm with the perfect amount of cut for a live show. I'm hoping to find a 17" Thin Crash so I can run my "all odd sizes" setup.
Haha. I don't know why, but I do that too.
Ideal set up is 15, 19, 21. Just got a sweet 22" 30th. I love it, but it still just feels a little too big. I've never had a 22 that felt "mama bear" to me.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Haha. I don't know why, but I do that too.
Ideal set up is 15, 19, 21. Just got a sweet 22" 30th. I love it, but it still just feels a little too big. I've never had a 22 that felt "mama bear" to me.
I go back and forth on my 23. I love it because it sounds super woody and smooth, the crash on it is pretty low pitched though, as you'd expect for a 23, and it has so much wobble that I worry about it cracking. I had another 23 that cracked this past year on the edge so now I just kinda have it in my head that this one might too.

chillybase

Reaction score
I have 15" A redesigned New Beats and 20" A redesign crash that I really like. I've thought about getting a 22" redesign A ride or a 21" A Sweet Ride. I can't decide. I think that would complete my bright cymbal setup.

Bijan

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well that settles it. I’ll check these out when I drive down to NH Saturday and visit Drum Center Portsmouth.