The return of p00der!

torydrum

One of the old farts...
Reaction score
Again, manners matter so proceed with courtesy until you completely understand what the shipping charge consists of. If the shipping cost is too high due to inflated handling fees, simply do not bid on or buy the item.

homeby5

DFO Master
Reaction score
torydrum said:
Again, manners matter so proceed with courtesy until you completely understand what the shipping charge consists of. If the shipping cost is too high due to inflated handling fees, simply do not bid on or buy the item.
Or adjust your bid to reflect it....

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
curotto said:
Amanda's Texas Underground! They tried to rip me off in the 90's. Sent wrong drums, out-of-round junk....had to do a charge back to get my money. I find it very hard to believe that someone, after all these years, has never put him out of business.

Dan
...or worse...

Mike Curotto
Heh, heh. I didn't want to say what I was REALLY thinking. :)

Dan

Tony92

Reaction score
I am thankfull for the awareness!
The complaint of them buying from a seller then abusing the ebay system to get a partial refund is legit. This message board is the perfect place to share that!

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
troutstudio said:
I understand the OP. Ebay is not a living for me. I fix drums up and sell them and certainly don't make money. But I have quite a few buyers blocked here in Oz because I just don't want stuff I've worked on going to them. I think the instruments suffer from passing through their hands. I've had ads running in classifieds and refused to sell to people there too. Now when I sell on eBay, since there is no reserve here, I list at a very high price until someone I like makes me an offer. I know this all sounds weird but it's how I feel about instruments. I add to mojo. These people remove it. I'd rather sell for less to someone I respect or like. Strangely, this has mostly worked out very well. Good people seem to find my stuff and I still get a fair price. $00.02.
Trout, I really respect your philosophy. We think alike.

And about your early 60s Rogers Blue sparkle 3 ply Cleveland kit with the matching fruitwood stain 3 ply Dyna-Sonic: please put me on your sale list as "first right of refusal."

mad_mike

Reaction score
Glad to see the thread is alive. I'm sure Jonas/p00der is finding plenty of unknowing victims but one fewer every day.

Btw if anyone is curious, I refused to complete the sale. p00per left me negative feedback which I called eBay and had removed. :laughing1:

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
homeby5 said:
That only works if you know the handling charge in advance. Our hero reserves the right to add an unspecified handling charge after the sale. I would think that the best course of action would be to send a message asking what the total s&h charges to your address would be, and adjust your bid to reflect that.

homeby5

DFO Master
Reaction score
hardbat said:
That only works if you know the handling charge in advance. Our hero reserves the right to add an unspecified handling charge after the sale. I would think that the best course of action would be to send a message asking what the total s&h charges to your address would be, and adjust your bid to reflect that.

I agree :)

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
It just occurred to me ( I'm a little slow but I do get it eventually) that he has had a good feedback record because his buyers are happy little campers.(for the most part) He seems to have no problem delivering the goods.

It's the sellers who get screwed because they can't leave neg feedback.
I preffered the good old days of ebay when the seller could leave neg. feedback.
The playing field was very level and careful consideration was given before leaving neg feedback.
An operation like pooder is a perfect example of Ebay's dysfunction.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
The seller can't leave negative feedback. Used to be both seller and buyer had equal opportunity.
I believe this was instituted to put more responsibility on the seller to make sure their buyer was happy.
In other words much easier for a buyer to give negative fb as he has no risk of receiving one in return.
You have someone like pooder that abuses this system i.e. They buy your item, say it was not as described or damaged, then they demand a partial refund or they threaten to leave a neg on your page......... It's called extortion.

mellotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That is true but I think it can work the other way. I've rec'd goods on ebay that weren't as described from the seller. At the time, I didn't leave negative feedback since I knew I would receive one in return so I didn't leave anything.

old_K_ride

DFO Master
Reaction score
I know of an incredible Jonas story involving a Radio King solid shell snare drum being purchased @ Amanda's in person. A request was made of JA being asked to ship the drum rather than the purchaser take the drum on a plane home with him as the purchaser was on business travel.JA agrees.Weeks go by and no drum.Then the drum arrives and...it's a different drum.Purchaser calls JA to which JA says he "sold it again for more $".Not entirely sure if the purchaser got a refund but I do know that the purchaser showed up at The Dallas Guitar Show,went to Aronson's booth where Jonas had a row of vintage Strats.,Teles,Firebirds lined up. The guy said hi to JA,then pushed the guitars over like tumbling dominoes...
tr

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
old_K_ride said:
I know of an incredible Jonas story involving a Radio King solid shell snare drum being purchased @ Amanda's in person. A request was made of JA being asked to ship the drum rather than the purchaser take the drum on a plane home with him as the purchaser was on business travel.JA agrees.Weeks go by and no drum.Then the drum arrives and...it's a different drum.Purchaser calls JA to which JA says he "sold it again for more $".Not entirely sure if the purchaser got a refund but I do know that the purchaser showed up at The Dallas Guitar Show,went to Aronson's booth where Jonas had a row of vintage Strats.,Teles,Firebirds lined up. The guy said hi to JA,then pushed the guitars over like tumbling dominoes...
tr
I like it Todd!

20 - 25 years ago a freind of mine bought a origional GRB kit from Jonas. My freind called me and was all gitty for me to look at it. It was a rewrap. He called Jonas and told him I looked at it and said it was a rewrap. Jonas was not happy but he did give my freind his money back. I was surprised he gave him his money back

shrink

Reaction score
Interesting. I did not know about the Lee County Music reputation. I am selling a vintage COB slingy on ebay, and here is their question and my response. Now I see why his/her frustration - I am offering a good price on a drum he/she will strip for parts, yet it is unavailable for shipping to him/her:

Dear scoutjung,

Why in the world wouldn't you accept Paypal and ship like everyone else here on ebay?

- leecountymusic

Dear leecountymusic,

Paypal and cash will be acceptable payment methods. Personal reasons make it very difficult to offer shipping, however I will relist with a shipping option if it does not sell locally. If you are confused or frustrated it is coming across as demeaning.

- scoutjung

mad_mike

Reaction score
shrink said:
Interesting. I did not know about the Lee County Music reputation. I am selling a vintage COB slingy on ebay, and here is their question and my response. Now I see why his/her frustration - I am offering a good price on a drum he/she will strip for parts, yet it is unavailable for shipping to him/her:

Dear scoutjung,

Why in the world wouldn't you accept Paypal and ship like everyone else here on ebay?

- leecountymusic

Dear leecountymusic,

Paypal and cash will be acceptable payment methods. Personal reasons make it very difficult to offer shipping, however I will relist with a shipping option if it does not sell locally. If you are confused or frustrated it is coming across as demeaning.

- scoutjung
Don't do it! Even on a purely financial basis, he will make sure it's not worth it...