The Rolling Stones Miss Charlie Watts' Funeral

Scott K Fish

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another example of the extremism of Covid regs. Assuming the Stones would otherwise have attended Charlie's funeral, this situation is very, very sad, and probably useless.

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the point of the article was, or why it's relevant? As has been pointed out, The Sun is the UK equivalent of The National Enquirer.

Charlie's family had a small, private funeral and his bandmates were unable to attend. That's a news story? There are thousands of people who weren't able to attend their loved ones' funeral. And it said in the article they're planning a Celebration Of Life, so there it is. Charlie was a very private person. This is no doubt what he wanted - a small, very private funeral.

And most likely, even vaccinated, there is probably an insurance clause that prohibits non-essential travel. They've been here in Boston for several weeks and had quarantined before they started rehearsals. They're being very careful, as they should be. There's a lot of money at stake if they have to cancel this tour again. And at their ages, they should be careful and not take any risks.

They're playing a private show tonight at Gillette Stadium for the Kraft family, so there may be photos of Steve's ??????? drums.

Last edited:

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder why this would be brought up on DFO. Let’s get back to talking about the flat ride and ufips!

Great idea... I will start with:

I used to own an 18" UFIP china, a pretty darn nice cym, prolly the best china I ever had. I once heard that Charlie used the exact same model.

Cool.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I don't know what the point of the article was, or why it's relevant? As has been pointed out, The Sun is the UK equivalent of The National Enquirer.

Charlie's family had a small, private funeral and his bandmates were unable to attend. That's a news story? There are thousands of people who weren't able to attend their loved ones' funeral. And it said in the article they're planning a Celebration Of Life, so there it is. Charlie was a very private person. This is no doubt what he wanted - a small, very private funeral.

And most likely, even vaccinated, there is probably an insurance clause that prohibits non-essential travel. They've been here in Boston for several weeks and had quarantined before they started rehearsals. They're being very careful, as they should be. There's a lot of money at stake if they have to cancel this tour again. And at their ages, they should be careful and not take any risks.

They're playing a private show tonight at Gillette Stadium for the Kraft family, so there may be photos of Steve's ??????? drums.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Quite clearly it’s news when three of the most famous musicians in the world skip the funeral of their bandmate of more than 50 years … The Sun may be owned by Fox News magnate Rupert Murdoch, but this story isn’t inaccurate.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Quite clearly it’s news when three of the most famous musicians in the world skip the funeral of their bandmate of more than 50 years … The Sun may be owned by Fox News magnate Rupert Murdoch, but this story isn’t inaccurate.
You don't skip a funeral if you were not invited.
Maybe Charlie, the quiet, private Stone did not want the media zoo-show that any Mick and Keith arrival would invite were they to attend his final resting.