The Rudimental Ritual

MSwanson

Reaction score
I'm a drum student of five years, and recently, I've become a huge fan of Alan Dawson's Rudimental Ritual. I found it difficult to practice, because it spans many pages and is played at a relatively fast tempo on the CD that accompanies the excellent book. So, I decided to make my own transcription and post video versions of the Ritual at tempos from 100 bpm through 220 bpm. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT_BppLrDjtjQKMMA1sih9XyPQITjs-7B

Mike

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great reference... thanks for posting the links!

drumrtommy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I used the same book by Ramsey to learn the ritual, used a foot switch on my iPad for the page turns, I had to put the audio in a slow downer, that speed is insane! Dom Moio in AZ studies with Alan Dawson, he's a great resource for that too

PinkPearlFrog

Reaction score
Hey man this is awesome! I have been looking for something like this to add to my practice routine. Thanks for post!

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Very useful.

Just curious, anyone take lessons with John Ramsey? I think he lives in Lexington MA?

R

RickP

Thanks! Very useful.

Just curious, anyone take lessons with John Ramsey? I think he lives in Lexington MA?
John teaches at Berkelee.
He also wrote and excellent book that goes into detail of Art Blakey and his style .
Called Jazz Messages and it is excellent

Latest posts