The Seventh Biggest Rock Band Is Back with Troubled Drummer

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
I’m surprised that I would need to explain that?

in the case of Motley Crue and AC/DC the singer’s voice are completely shot, to the point that it is painful to listen to them.

in the case of The Stones; they have become a parody of themselves. For example, you walk into a brothel in some Nevada backwater and find an 80 year hooker. She still loves what she does and technically, in line with your logic, can still fulfill the requirements, but....

Sometimes you can stick around too long and do serious damage to your own legacy.
Again, who are you to decide what they should or shouldn't do? They can still sell out their concerts. So, obviously lots of folks still think that they are worth going to see.

And comparing them to an 80 year old hooker is just low. But, again, if she thinks she can provide a service, let her.

You will never hear me say that anyone should stop doing what they love.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
Again, who are you to decide what they should or shouldn't do? They can still sell out their concerts. So, obviously lots of folks still think that they are worth going to see.

And comparing them to an 80 year old hooker is just low. But, again, if she thinks she can provide a service, let her.

You will never hear me say that anyone should stop doing what they love.
Ok, well, if we have learned anything participating on this forum together is that everyone has their own opinion. Enjoy the show.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the storyline was that he was their bus driver when Bon Scott died.
I think that's an urban legend!

Same with tale about Frank Zappa and Alice Cooper trying to out-gross one another in terms of what would be a more disgusting thing to do on stage. Also, the legend about the singer who some think is sexy … about the reasons for his late-night hospital visit are probably fantasy. There's also considerable doubt about whether Casey Kasem ever introducing "Love, Rollercoaster" with the story of how it was recorded at an amusement park (unlikely,right?), but that's why you can hear a woman's screams as she's ejected from the ride referenced in the song.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
“All rock ‘n’ rollers over the age of 50 look stupid and should retire.”

-Grace Slick
So should all the working drummers, musicians (or who were regularly working prior to the zombie apocalypse) retire if they're over 50?

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow... that ROUTE 66 thing was the most embarrassing "old white guys trying to be cool blues dudes" thing I have seen in the last 10 years.

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised that I would need to explain that?

in the case of Motley Crue and AC/DC the singer’s voice are completely shot, to the point that it is painful to listen to them.

in the case of The Stones; they have become a parody of themselves. For example, you walk into a brothel in some Nevada backwater and find an 80 year hooker. She still loves what she does and technically, in line with your logic, can still fulfill the requirements, but....
And how exactly did you come to use this particular metaphor?

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
And how exactly did you come to use this particular metaphor?
I like to make my points in a way that the person I’m speaking with can easily understand, also, metaphors come to me like pennies from heaven and ....the though of an 80 year hooker in a brothel line up cracked me up. So, there you go.