The Song that captured me from the first note till the ending... No other song since could like this one!

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There have been lots, but I do remember a particular instance, after I was already into Rush, Zep, Dream Theater, etc., being totally transfixed by this when it was brand new. Man, what a quantum leap for the time.

snappy

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first "rock" song that that turned me on and changed my life -

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I grew up with a lot of rock music. My dad is a drummer and he was always putting on records. Two songs take me back to specific memories. Chicago - Saturday in the park was probably my 1st favorite song, the 2nd, Kansas - Carry on my wayward son. Love them both!

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The whole album is killer, but this track is perfect. My favorite PF song and I have a lot of them.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
Wiki lists Willie Leacox
Might have been... , studio drummers were not given the credit on many tracks they recorded on. It does sound like someone imitating Hal's style then...

Other America tracks feature such Los Angeles studio aces as Joe Osborne and Hartford-born drummer Hal Blaine, as well as, eventually the whole Toto squad of Steve Lukather and another Hartford-born drummer, Jeff Porcaro. And another would-be Eagle, Timothy B. Schmit lends his voice to the America harmonies.

Last edited:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
where and how was this song recorded. It did sound different..
Legend has it that Dave Davies wanted a totally distorted and nasty sound so he slashed the speaker of his Elpico amp with a razor blade and used a much more powerful Vox AC30 as a preamp to overload the poor Elpico's power stage. One of the first instances of recorded "on purpose" distortion.

It sure sounded different and edgy-er than pretty much everything up til then