The Song that captured me from the first note till the ending... No other song since could like this one!

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiki lists Willie Leacox
Willie Leacox could do Hal Blaine in his sleep . He is a phenomenal drummer and accomplished musician to whom the band America owes much to , not just as a qualified session player, but as an integral part of the band's formidable commercial success . His capabilities were on par with,say, Denny Siewell , another heavyweight whose name isn't widely recognized .

Last edited:

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Many songs of all different genres have transfixed me from beginning to end over the years but this was one of the first. I still remember my older cousin letting us watch mtv while she was watching us and this came on. I was maybe 5 or 6 and had never heard or seen anything like it, but I knew I wanted either giant drums or a pointy guitar after this

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
Willie Leacox could do Hal Blaine in his sleep . He is a phenomenal drummer and accomplished musician who America owe a lot to , not just a qualified session player, but an integral part of the band's formidable commercial success . His capabilities were on par with,say, Denny Seiwell , another heavyweight whose name most people don't recognize .
That explains it then.... good to know.

Fungus Amungus

Reaction score
For me it was TOTO's Hold The Line

Remember copying this in an early band, before it had yet to receive any Radio Play. We were the late shift at a huge local club, no one knew us yet, but I looked side stage & there was Wayne Perkins! Guitarist for the Stones (Black & Blue Album), Joe Cocker (after Woodstock) and sideman for Leon Russel, Joni Mitchell (etc.) and everyone who slid thru Muscle Shoals...also grew up 4 doors down from me in Center Point Alabama. He was standing there with his mouth hanging open...I was the pesky little Kid who he never knew was a Player, much less playing with 5 of the Top Musicians in the State, and he was playing with our "Opening Act"...albeit, an Opening Act that was every bit as good as we were! Wayne was there every night just to hear us do Toto Songs & I loved Playing them...Jeffy was one of my Idols!