The *ultimate* drumhead comparison/equivalency chart for Aquarian, Evans, Remo... And it's searchabl

DHA

Reaction score
Although there are some other comparison charts around, there is nothing even remotely comprehensive that covers the top 3 brands. I wanted to fix that, and I've also added a search box to help you filter through the noise (there's well over 100 drumheads on the list).

Here it is - Hope you find it useful!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good idea and execution, nice and readable. Thanks so much for sharing it.

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt
Reaction score
DHA,

In the standalone files, I kept all the embedded links to your site. Thus, if someone is online and they click the links in the Adobe Reader PDF and Microsoft Word DOC files, the links take them to the details of the heads on your site. I tried to upload the files in Microsoft Word XML DOCX (the more modern Microsoft Word format) and LibreOffice / Open Office ODT format. However, the DFO forum software doesn't allow uploading files of these types.

DHA

Reaction score
TDM said:
DHA,

In the standalone files, I kept all the embedded links to your site. Thus, if someone is online and they click the links in the Adobe Reader PDF and Microsoft Word DOC files, the links take them to the details of the heads on your site. I tried to upload the files in Microsoft Word XML DOCX (the more modern Microsoft Word format) and LibreOffice / Open Office ODT format. However, the DFO forum software doesn't allow uploading files of these types.
That's great - thanks a lot!!

DHA

Reaction score
Fat Drummer said:
Good idea and execution, nice and readable. Thanks so much for sharing it.
Glad you like the layout, I spent a *lot* of time trying to get it right

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I asked this in another thread, but surely I'm not the only one to puzzle over it:

Aquarian X-ring vs Power Dot difference.

Might be worth two or three sentences someplace.

DHA

Reaction score
swarfrat said:
I asked this in another thread, but surely I'm not the only one to puzzle over it:

Aquarian X-ring vs Power Dot difference.

Might be worth two or three sentences someplace.
For the Studio X Ring vs Power Dot, they're quite similar in terms of sound... If you compare them, the x ring reduces overtones a little more, and the power dot makes the head a little more durable (the dot also adds a little dampening when you strike the head in the center).

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Thanks - I was actually suggesting that it might be useful info on the site since you're comparing heads.

DHA

Reaction score
swarfrat said:
Thanks - I was actually suggesting that it might be useful info on the site since you're comparing heads.
ahhh I see! On the website there's usually that kind of info if you click through to the individual drumhead's page (e.g. Studio-X Coated).

Going off your suggestion though, I might make something showing the effects of dots/rings/etc all on the one page so it's much easier to visualize. The Drum Sound FAQ I have covers some of it, but it's kind of lost among all of the other info. Appreciate the suggestion.