The Wait is over and happy with the results

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
11 months! That is how much time went by from when I purchased these in a auction of a incomplete picture to when I was finally able to get them delivered.

Now that I have them, I feel I did well.

The set is a fully complete 64 Gene Krupa Deluxe No,1N set including all original heads, snare wires, stands, cymbals, blaa blaa blaa. You get the idea. Pretty much only missing a two screws and the top that goes on the cymbal arm that is attached to the bass. It does have another complete cymbal stand that mounts to the hoop and a wood block but I left those out of the pic.

The snare is solid one ply and sounds great. Rest is 20,16,13.

I also got a steel King Beat snare and stand as well in the lot. Cost me 400 dollars Plus a lot of waiting(Covid did not help expedite matters) Plus final shipping of one box, friend brought other on plane.
20200706_130231_resized.jpg
1963A-slingerland1.jpg

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
When I clicked on the thread, I looked at the first picture and thought "Wait a minute - are those the drums from the auction in Minnesota?" Then I saw the picture in your second post! I had wondered a few times what had happened with your drums. I'm so happy you finally got them, and they're what you had hoped they were.
Those drums were at an auction house in southern Minnesota, and if I remember right, they either wouldn't ship them or were going to charge a fortune. Skins asked if there were any forum members in that area that would be willing to help out. I'm about 3 hours away, but I was willing to make the drive. As the fall went on, I got busier - fortunately, Skins found a relative that was much closer that was willing to help out. That's where I lost track of things. I'm anxious to hear what happened from there!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Holyfreakinwow!!!! Those look amazing! Congrats on the add and though it was a long time coming, it was very well worth the waite. Hopping for more photos soon!

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
So I know everyone knows how these satin flame reflect light but I had to try out some colors directed on the set from a phone app. Pics are not edited or changed in tint. This is what they looked like with a colored light pointed at them. Under stage lights they would look really cool.

Best thing is that if some fan is trying to capture the lead singer in a picture and they forget to take off the flash setting, The drums are going to stand out more than the singer as these react to flash like street signs.

coloredset.jpg
20200621_210725_resized.jpg
flashlighted.jpg
floortomcolors.jpg
floortomcolors2.jpg

Latest posts