There's hope

madsplash

Martin Van Nostrand
Reaction score
Yea, there's hope that those kids will get a little older and have their taste in music improve.

Nirvana sucks. One of the worst bands I've ever heard.

Pure garbage.

I know we have to say this around here now, or someone will cry that it's not fact and get their little girl panties in a bunch....

"This is only my opinion" :roll: :headbang:

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you're a teenager you think you know everything. Now that I'm old, I realize that teenagers are right.

Altar

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
madsplash said:
Yea, there's hope that those kids will get a little older and have their taste in music improve.

Pure garbage.
Yeah???!!!

*Bunches little girl panties*

Imposing Will

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I liked Nirvana. Didn't love them, but I liked them. Soundgarden is easily my fave of the Seattle bands, though.
That said-I'd rather see teens today digging Nirvana than Little Wayne, Kanye, Miley, or Kesha. Crap.

thenuge

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling i'd have to qualify my post! I don't mean that there's hope for there being possibly another Nirvana or someone like them. Basically I meant there's hope if young people still want to hear a band play instruments and rock like maniacs. Also that the computer is not necessary for great music to happen. I also really liked that one girl's comment about there 'not being stripping' in the video i.e. it's not a sex show but some weirdos playing music. How novel right?

Mrtboner

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
mad splash, there's a thread about a guy in a band called GWAR that died today, we urgently need your incredibly insightful opinion about it.

See you there!

madsplash

Martin Van Nostrand
Reaction score
Mrtboner said:
mad splash, there's a thread about a guy in a band called GWAR that died today, we urgently need your incredibly insightful opinion about it.

See you there!
I wouldn't comment about a band that I'm not very familiar with and haven't heard much from and just because I hate the music of Nirvana, doesn't mean that I'm not saddend by the passing of any human being. Nice insinuation, especially being that you don't know me. What does one thing have to do with the other?

Thank you for your compliment about my opinion, though. Your opinions are also incredibly insightful, Mr t boner. I won't see you in that thread. I don't post in threads in which I don't have an opinion about the topic.

Chunkaway

DFO Master
Reaction score
madsplash said:

Pure garbage.

I know we have to say this around here now, or someone will cry that it's not fact and get their little girl panties in a bunch....

I actually really dislike Nirvana and think they are extremely overrated. However, I also hate prog music in general, so I doubt madsplash will appreciate my support of his post.

Back on topic- I know lots f young people who appreciate good music played by real people, playing real instruments. I think there is hope.

madsplash

Martin Van Nostrand
Reaction score
Chunkaway said:

Pure garbage.

I actually really dislike Nirvana and think they are extremely overrated. However, I also hate prog music in general, so I doubt madsplash will appreciate my support of his post.

Back on topic- I know lots f young people who appreciate good music played by real people, playing real instruments. I think there is hope.
I do appreciate it. I'm not a huge prog fan, but Ireally respect the level of musicianship of the progressive bands. They're to be commended on the amount of work they put in to get to that level on their instruments.

The same can't be said of grunge bands.

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
At least grunge bands played instruments. More than I can say about a lot of the new stuff out.

I am/was not a huge fan of Nirvana. I bought Nevermind, and sold it to a friend a week later. Just not my thing. I do, however, appreciate what they brought to the music landscape. We were wrought with crap at that time, and they were real bands, playing real instruments, writing real songs. It was a breath of fresh air.

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
I worked in a record store during the Nirvana years. There was so much energy and anger coming out, lots of emotion. Given the butt-rock popularity of the time it was a real eye opener. Their record before Nevermind sold well for a Indie label/band and got them the deal with Geffen. I like the Nevermind record, not so fond of the others. David Grohl is a real talent for sure, I'm glad he didn't unwind like Kurt did..

Chunkaway

DFO Master
Reaction score
madsplash said:

Pure garbage.

I do appreciate it. I'm not a huge prog fan, but Ireally respect the level of musicianship of the progressive bands. They're to be commended on the amount of work they put in to get to that level on their instruments.

The same can't be said of grunge bands.

I actually agree with just about everything you said. I have played with some grunge bands and I can't say all f them were poor musicians. Soundgarden were originally touted as grunge, but they aren't terrible musicians.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I loathe/hate/dispise/etc Nirvana... went on a date in about 1994, we were almost to the restraunt went Teen spirit came on... I imediately turned off the radio, the girl looked at me and said "why did you turn it off" ... I said "because his best hit was with a shotgun!" she started crying and wanted to go home... shortest date ever :)

W&A Player

DFO Star
Reaction score
madsplash said:

Pure garbage.

You are not the only one with that opinion. That band spawned a whole slew of copy cat bands with groaning and dirge-like vocals. I have liked a whole lot of new music that has come out since the days that I was actively playing. But, this grunge crap is real crap. There's not even an instrumental lead to break up the monotony.

Altar

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love them, but then I don't have enough experience to deserve an opinion. ;)