Thin 22” Istanbul Agop OM.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Saw this yesterday, located in Germany. Unfortunately sold... A thin Agop OM 22” at 2067 gram, mislabeled as a 20” crash. Ad says ride but is probably a 22” crash. To my knowledge, there are no 22” OM crashes in production.

Would have loved to hear it!

Attachments

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Whoa. That would've been very interesting. I've owned three 22" OM rides at this point, and if I had one complaint with them, it's that they've all been a couple hundred grams heavier (2500g range) than I would personally like.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Whoa. That would've been very interesting. I've owned three 22" OM rides at this point, and if I had one complaint with them, it's that they've all been a couple hundred grams heavier (2500g range) than I would personally like.
Yep, indeed. Lightest one I’ve heard of is this:

Then shave of some 200 grams from that :)

sammy123

Reaction score
What are the characteristics of an Om? Looks like partial lathing on top, what about the bottom?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've owned a few Om's and they were darker looking and without that edge stripe.....weird. Last one I sold here was over 2400g.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
What are the characteristics of an Om? Looks like partial lathing on top, what about the bottom?

Most striking is the blue/black patina but that has changed over the years and nowadays they tend to have a lighter colour.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve owned some Om prototypes from back when I was an Agop endorser, I think in the low 2200 grams. Agop does make some weird runs of thinner or bigger sizes occasionally, possible it’s one of those.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
I’ve owned some Om prototypes from back when I was an Agop endorser, I think in the low 2200 grams. Agop does make some weird runs of thinner or bigger sizes occasionally, possible it’s one of those.
Cool. According to the seller (who BTW is an A&R manager for Ludwig, Agop and QSticks) the cymbal was only used for a 14 day studio project, so guess it was kind of new.

Anyway, not often Agop’s signature line of cymbals turn up in odd sizes and weights, and I had my finger ready to purchase but needed to confirm specified size and weight and then it was gone... Well, ended up with a pair of used Agop 12” 30th hats and a new Agop 22” Dry Dark crash instead, hehe.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've owned a few Om's and they were darker looking and without that edge stripe.....weird. Last one I sold here was over 2400g.
Oh, I assumed the “edge stripe” was just something it was resting on — looks like the same color as the bags they have for the 30th anni rides. Am I wrong?

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cool. According to the seller (who BTW is an A&R manager for Ludwig, Agop and QSticks) the cymbal was only used for a 14 day studio project, so guess it was kind of new.

Anyway, not often Agop’s signature line of cymbals turn up in odd sizes and weights, and I had my finger ready to purchase but needed to confirm specified size and weight and then it was gone... Well, ended up with a pair of used Agop 12” 30th hats and a new Agop 22” Dry Dark crash instead, hehe.
how much did it go for, do you know?

Latest posts