This is a pioneer, right, not a jazz fest?

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
atomicdave said:
Pioneer=6 lugs, Jazzfest=8 lugs. Thats a decent drum for the money, not many JFs in nickle.
Ah, right. Should have known that. Mind has been off drums for a while but for some reason was thinking 10 -vs- 8. The brain is a terrible thing......

Thanks, and i agree I think that BIN is great price for this drum. Assume will be scooped up now.

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good thing I don't have a case of GAS today. Somebody please buy this.

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
good deal but personally I think gold is the worst of all the Ludwig sparkle wraps of that time....but probably just me.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
hadn't seen this thread. was checking the drum auction out a few minutes ago. all looked well. hit the button and it was already gone. that's a nice deal for someone.

mike

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I hadn't seen this earlier or I probably would have tried to pull the trigger. I could use a Jazz fest like that with my Gold Sparkle Club Date (I have a matching Pioneer but wouldn't mind a JF) that was a good price for that.

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
K.O. said:
Glad I hadn't seen this earlier or I probably would have tried to pull the trigger. I could use a Jazz fest like that with my Gold Sparkle Club Date (I have a matching Pioneer but wouldn't mind a JF) that was a good price for that.
It really was a nice price. the seller left some on the table. KO is your club date kit nickel plated? I love nickel. It's more work but so luxurious.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary said:
It really was a nice price. the seller left some on the table. KO is your club date kit nickel plated? I love nickel. It's more work but so luxurious.
Yes, Nickel on the original bass and tom (the ones that I originally owned on 1974-1975) so that JF would have been perfect.