header.nohb.html

This is for real, unfortunately…

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. I cannot imagine how tough it must be for these former child stars. Many of them took their own lives due to all the pressure they were under. There are not many Ron Howard’s out there who would go on to huge successes. This guy has been trying to recapture what he once had for his entire adult life. One can only hope he finds some peace at some point.

They say that victims of sexual abuse can display facets of the damage very differently.
He has been VERY outspoken on his experiences … and the other Corey’s experiences … at the hands of some pretty sick pedophiles.
It appears he has been doing this music thing for a while.
My guess is it is cathartic?
Not sure, but it would make sense.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
They say that victims of sexual abuse can display facets of the damage very differently.
He has been VERY outspoken on his experiences … and the other Corey’s experiences … at the hands of some pretty sick pedophiles.
It appears he has been doing this music thing for a while.
My guess is it is cathartic?
Not sure, but it would make sense.
Excellent point. Drumming and music are certainly cathartic for many/most of us on this forum.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
What the hell did I just watch?

Man, that was painful - in so many ways.

Hey Dumpy - I want my 4 minutes back and I'm charging interest until I get it.

(where's the vomit emoji?)

el_37

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Limited musical style ? Your being far to kind. And what started as street corner that had some merit for those living in poor circumstances and neighbourhoods and making a true statement about same, has now turned into, as you say overblown commercial production. I could buy the original material even though I was well into my late 50s when it began but i'm at a loss now to even begin to understand Rap.
You are in your late 90's? I am impressed you are still posting on forums! The genre has been around for over 40 years at this point.

David M Scott

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You are in your late 90's? I am impressed you are still posting on forums! The genre has been around for over 40 years at this point.
82 actually and "no" to those who insist I was the drummer boy in that great American painting. My brother was the guy with the Piccolo however.
And being Canadian,we were Loyalist Royalists and Benedict Arnold was a hero in Canada.
And Sabian is a front for an organization dedicated to the downfall and destruction and replacement of Zildjian, as the worlds biggest cymbal producer
"Really"
But, as Zil seems to be on a course of self implosion (Paul and the former endorsement gals gone) Sabian can take a "more relaxed approach" which
is right up Canadian alley.. eh ?

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
The weirdest part of that video, well one of the many weirdest parts is how much of a toothless old lady he's turned into.

That and the part where he's sort of break dancing but instead of fluidly dropping to the floor he kinda gets down like he's not trying to break his hip.

I'm psychologically scarred.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
For the record, apparently the comeback king tore it up at the Whisky.

As unlikely as it is well, there it is.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, apparently the comeback king tore it up at the Whisky.

As unlikely as it is well, there it is.

Was that written by his mother? Sheesh.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was that written by his mother? Sheesh.

Understand, I actually appreciate the VoiceOver work Corey has done and am saddened by the rough externals surfacing from the sexual abuse inflicted on him.

It appears the gent that wrote it has a penchant for the overstatement.
If you look at the other “reviews” he wrote … evidently every performance was a “night to remember”.
It‘s a bit much.
I think the guy writes overly positive pieces to accompany his photographs in an effort to keep it upbeat and positive.
He doesn’t appear to be an actual critical reviewer … positive or negative.
He is merely stringing together dreamy little sound bites as a pablum for accompaniment.
It is what it is.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Don't forget this fun one from 2016! Wonder what ever happened to Corey's Angel's......

So I would have totally (and happily) continued to have forgotten about this guy if the Dumpmeister hadn't posted this thread but I had to look him up on Wikipedia to recall exactly who he was.

So there was a reference to this album, it was listed as one of the all time worst albums ever. He used a sort of gofundme account to fund the album hoping to raise $105k but only managed $14k.

And I didn't read or listen to all the background of "Corey's angels" but there is something mega-creepy about the suggestion that there's some sort of humanitarian or whatever basis for this club or whatever you want to call it and it requires them to be scantily clad.

Yeah, sure...