This is it! Beatles in the studio COMPLETE and very RARE.

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Back then, bands, one after the other, fell by the wayside, because they could not write songs. The Beatles and Stones had what the world was hungry for. I love seeing all the parts put together like in this video. You always learn something. Ace

dcrigger

DFO Master
Reaction score
Back then, bands, one after the other, fell by the wayside, because they could not write songs. The Beatles and Stones had what the world was hungry for. I love seeing all the parts put together like in this video. You always learn something. Ace
Sorry - but what bands "fell by the wayside because they could not write songs"? Never heard of this. Sure every band didn't write as many successful songs as The Beatles - including The Stones - but I've never heard this attributed as the reason that bands came and went.

But you're right - there was tons of learnable stuff in this Beatles doc.

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Sorry - but what bands "fell by the wayside because they could not write songs"? Never heard of this. Sure every band didn't write as many successful songs as The Beatles - including The Stones - but I've never heard this attributed as the reason that bands came and went.

But you're right - there was tons of learnable stuff in this Beatles doc.
The Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits, The Animals, Paul Revere and the Raiders and even The Monkees were huge along with many duos and individuals. I liked The Dave Clark Five better than the Beatles at first. BTW, you can't put the Stones in with the "others." They kept putting out great songs over time, just not as often. The other bands were short on composers and sounds. Neil Diamond is one individual that stuck around though, in a pretty big way. Deep Purple is a good band that had a following without many hits. Songs are what made the Beatles. Great albums, without filler, is what made me a fan. Songwriting was pretty much the whole shebang. Ace

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
I think that's right. There were lots of bands who were here and gone, primarily because they couldn't write. It was all done for them. There were many 'one hit wonder' bands who couldn't do what the Beatles, Stones, etc did. The talent just wasn't there.

JimmyFenno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Paul at 70++ still rocking out....way past 40. My "best seat" at Frank Erwin Center was behind the stage at the guitar tech lineup. Come on man....Hofner minus the ripped off axe included 4 Hofners, J45 upside down and right side up, Two Rickys, one worn down to nothing. To see the guitar exchanges....now that was the best seat in the house for me.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Truly a great video. Wish there was one without any subtitles, but still...great!