This is why I love the Foos and Stern

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know someone posted this video of the Stern show with the Foo Fighters doing Leslie West and Mountain's hit, Mississippi Queen on the Leslie West RIP thread but I think it deserves it's on post so here you go. One tiny thing I noticed the Foo's didn't do (and this is a stupid thing I know), is Rami, the keyboard player doesn't play the little electric piano riff that's on the record at the drum breakdown all through the track. I so look forward to that little part every time I here the original.

Still, they all did a great job. The sound sound quality is top notch and Taylor's killing it, as usual. For those who don't know, Stern and Leslie West had a deep relationship and it was a fitting tribute.

Last edited:

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa Whoa Whoa, Stop the Clock. That sounded great. I heard the whole interview when it aired. For examples like this is the reason I will always contimue to pay for the radio show. I will gladly listen the 3 days a week he is on. Better than zero days live. Thanks for posting this here on the DFO.

b/o 402

Wacky old coot
Reaction score
I’m really enjoying those Stern interviews. He’s turned into an excellent interviewer (finally?)

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa Whoa Whoa, Stop the Clock. That sounded great. I heard the whole interview when it aired. For examples like this is the reason I will always contimue to pay for the radio show. I will gladly listen the 3 days a week he is on. Better than zero days live. Thanks for posting this here on the DFO.
Hit'em with the HINNNNNEEEEEE!

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One tiny thing I noticed the Foo's didn't do (and this is a stupid thing I know), is Rafi, the keyboard player doesn't play the little electric piano riff that's on the record at the drum breakdown all through the track.
Unintentional contraction of his name? Rami Jaffee ;-)

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised that Dave just slung the guitar without playing.........that's lame, but a nice cover.
He said he didn’t know the song on guitar. That song was the second of three they played.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sometimes get "Dave Grohl Fatigue" since he seems to be everywhere when they release a record but this interview was really great. Plus the sound was top notch.

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you haven't seen a Foo Fighters show, you should. It's three hours of non-stop music. And fun. Those guys play their hearts out at every show.

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know someone posted this video of the Stern show with the Foo Fighters doing Leslie West and Mountain's hit, Mississippi Queen on the Leslie West RIP thread but I think it deserves it's on post so here you go. One tiny thing I noticed the Foo's didn't do (and this is a stupid thing I know), is Rami, the keyboard player doesn't play the little electric piano riff that's on the record at the drum breakdown all through the track. I so look forward to that little part every time I here the original.

Still, they all did a great job. The sound sound quality is top notch and Taylor's killing it, as usual. For those who don't know, Stern and Leslie West had a deep relationship and it was a fitting tribute.

Leslie West was Jewish?

PS: Do you think Taylor Hawkins breaks a lot of sticks? Jeez!

Last edited: