header.nohb.html

This week in Dr. Dumpy’s OR…

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The patient has been most cooperative. I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel, and this hasn’t been all that difficult. The toughest part is the paint removal. I need to be patient with this process.
Looking awesome!

I'm interested in the reasoning of not hiding the interior part of the repairs. Is it simply mataining the full story for the future owners? When I have built clones I always lable them inside as I don't want to mislead future owners but this is still the actual drum, even if sanded smooth and a repainted interior.

Again, it's coming along beautifully (nice touch on the INDe as well, just looks "right"). Thanks for sharing the pics along the way.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Looking awesome!

I'm interested in the reasoning of not hiding the interior part of the repairs. Is it simply mataining the full story for the future owners? When I have built clones I always lable them inside as I don't want to mislead future owners but this is still the actual drum, even if sanded smooth and a repainted interior.

Again, it's coming along beautifully (nice touch on the INDe as well, just looks "right"). Thanks for sharing the pics along the way.

Correct. I feel repairs should be documented.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Holes are filled:
9727231C-9BBF-4CCA-B7D6-CBCAE88A1D88.jpeg
49AB9736-C118-44B5-93A9-146B8A5A4279.jpeg
DFD4F52C-DCD6-4564-B0F9-1DBDB6894024.jpeg

Hulakatt

Reaction score
I will use a tack in the middle.
Why? That's one of the badges for the vent hole drums (and the snares did have the vent holes) while the badges for the drums that did not (pretty much just the toms) have a tiny pinhole in the middle for the tack. The snares typically have the badged vent hole and another grommeted hole with a clip for holding a Gretsch drum key in place.

Graham-Lears-Gretsch-Round-Badge-Early-60s-14-x-5-12-Snare-Drum_1024x1024.jpg

Dabz6fYUQAATqCf.jpg

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Why? That's one of the badges for the vent hole drums (and the snares did have the vent holes) while the badges for the drums that did not (pretty much just the toms) have a tiny pinhole in the middle for the tack. The snares typically have the badged vent hole and another grommeted hole with a clip for holding a Gretsch drum key in place.

Graham-Lears-Gretsch-Round-Badge-Early-60s-14-x-5-12-Snare-Drum_1024x1024.jpg

Dabz6fYUQAATqCf.jpg

I decided to purposely not make it correct so that it’s clear that this is not original.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
That'll work for detail people like us. Hopefully, you won't get some self righteous internet police yelling about how it's a poor MIC clone trying to rip people off.

There are enough details inside that shows this is the OG deal. My goal is to make certain that there is NO mistake that this is a survivor drum with original wrap, filled holes, etc.

Hulakatt

Reaction score
I hear ya, I'm all about resurrections and salvation of old gear and I do appreciate not covering battle scars but personally, I like to keep to the rest of the details as much as I can. Some of those details are what make each brand stand apart from each other and make each drum cool in it's own way to me.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I hear ya, I'm all about resurrections and salvation of old gear and I do appreciate not covering battle scars but personally, I like to keep to the rest of the details as much as I can. Some of those details are what make each brand stand apart from each other and make each drum cool in it's own way to me.

Certainly!

I had to find a badge for this guy; cost me more than the drum (not kidding!).

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That'll work for detail people like us. Hopefully, you won't get some self righteous internet police yelling about how it's a poor MIC clone trying to rip people off.
Personally I’ve prepared myself for that …….. it’s called pictures of everything .