header.nohb.html

This week in Dr. Dumpy’s OR…

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'll work for detail people like us. Hopefully, you won't get some self righteous internet police yelling about how it's a poor MIC clone trying to rip people off.
Well, personally, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a poor MIC clone.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well, personally, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a poor MIC clone.

Whenever I restore something that was essentially butchered, I go out of my way to alert people that it’s not even CLOSE to original, which is why I will make glaringly wrong details. I knew a guy that tried selling Les Pauls, 335’s and SG’s as ORIGINAL and there were some issues with their originality, particularly with basket case instruments that he restored BEAUTIFULLY; however, the black light showed the flaws. I will NEVER be THAT guy!

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever I restore something that was essentially butchered, I go out of my way to alert people that it’s not even CLOSE to original, which is why I will make glaringly wrong details. I knew a guy that tried selling Les Pauls, 335’s and SG’s as ORIGINAL and there were some issues with their originality, particularly with basket case instruments that he restored BEAUTIFULLY; however, the black light showed the flaws. I will NEVER be THAT guy!
You’re good people.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
You’re good people.

When someone (like the clown) burnt your customer like this dude did, you want to make CERTAIN that you don’t do that disservice to another soul. When you sell your vintage gear, you are LIKELY fulfilling a teenage dream or the ability to get something back that they HAD to sell; some people are okay with a re-work as long as they know it; others are not okay and I respect that!

Despite the fact this drum will stay with me, I ALWAYS want it known that this was a basket case that was re-done.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When someone (like the clown) burnt your customer like this dude did, you want to make CERTAIN that you don’t do that disservice to another soul. When you sell your vintage gear, you are LIKELY fulfilling a teenage dream or the ability to get something back that they HAD to sell; some people are okay with a re-work as long as they know it; others are not okay and I respect that!
100%.

I’ve never trusted clowns.

Hulakatt

Reaction score
I went for as much original parts as I could when rebuilding my RB's but I purposely went for a wrap that, not only did Gretsch never offer but that was never offered beyond just a few years ago. It looks like it would've fit in well in that timeframe but it just didn't exist then.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I went for as much original parts as I could when rebuilding my RB's but I purposely went for a wrap that, not only did Gretsch never offer but that was never offered beyond just a few years ago. It looks like it would've fit in well in that timeframe but it just didn't exist then.

Different methods. All good :)

Reactions: DBT

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that . It’s a new wrap no matter what and it will be noticeable anyway .

Hulakatt

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that . It’s a new wrap no matter what and it will be noticeable anyway .
I know but I didn't want to look like I was hiding it or trying to pass it off as original like some folks do. I'm actually kinda proud of the work I have put in on old gear and will stand behind it rather than saying I didn't alter it at all. I guess I've just worked on so many old guitar amps were it's far more stupid to not change out parts and update things for pure functionality and the sake of safety. The only people keeping original caps and two prong cords are people who want museum pieces and folks who are just too lazy and who don't care.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I know but I didn't want to look like I was hiding it or trying to pass it off as original like some folks do. I'm actually kinda proud of the work I have put in on old gear and will stand behind it rather than saying I didn't alter it at all. I guess I've just worked on so many old guitar amps were it's far more stupid to not change out parts and update things for pure functionality and the sake of safety. The only people keeping original caps and two prong cords are people who want museum pieces and folks who are just too lazy and who don't care.
Like I said- different method, but same intent!

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You’ll look at mine and know exactly what was done to it . Never being sold but if I did they’ll receive a step by step photo album and any other info .

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I sold my SSB’s ( my orig. kit which I had since I was 6 , my Anniversary’s , and gave away 1/2 of my Square Badges . Darn right I’m making these into a players kit . If it’s replacing those kits it’s going to be to my liking with no problems including not knocking over the weak legged floor toms constantly .

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bass drum surgery:
6D46118C-3CC0-4376-9242-FCE95DC70BC4.jpeg
5DB529B7-9D4B-41EA-853A-9FB7C4A85027.jpeg
92EC3117-0972-4346-8954-B4828F4BDC5B.jpeg