DFO Master
Reaction score
Never mind:
E89B5067-20D7-4B86-ADE2-69A80D14CF74.jpeg

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeppers!

And it was on sale. Three different types of mounts.
You shouldn’t have to modify those holes . I have the diagram in my phone for that bracket . If you give me the measurements I can check for you . Those holes could have been for the 2 up Name Band post or the Ludwig they used back in the day . You should be good but if uncertain let me know and I will check for you .

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
You shouldn’t have to modify those holes . I have the diagram in my phone for that bracket . If you give me the measurements I can check for you . Those holes could have been for the 2 up Name Band post or the Ludwig they used back in the day . You should be good but if uncertain let me know and I will check for you .

It was just ever so slightly different than the Pearl tom mount that goes on the tom, and just a hair different than a Fender neck plate.

Reactions: DBT

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Still waiting on heads for the six lug patient, so here is progress on the bass drum:
E3B3E60B-89C5-46C3-8FA9-FD3FB231CEF6.jpeg

Looks like old fashioned two way tape or something as there is a woven fabric that’s being pulled up when I scrape. Weird.

Last edited:

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score

The tom mount arrives today!

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am starting to understand the fascination with “that great Gretsch sound”. Admittedly, the guitars didn’t do much for me, but taking the chance on a foreign made Gretsch snare, then rehabbing this early to mid 60s told the story.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey good job Dumpy... This snare turned out great! I shouldn't look at your stuff for too long, I might convince myself that I too can do something similar and like most handiworks projects I undertake it will end up
A) a mess
B) costing twice as much as budgetted to undo said mess
C) not even close to looking as good as if I had paid someone competent to do it in the first place.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey good job Dumpy... This snare turned out great! I shouldn't look at your stuff for too long, I might convince myself that I too can do something similar and like most handiworks projects I undertake it will end up
A) a mess
B) costing twice as much as budgetted to undo said mess
C) not even close to looking as good as if I had paid someone competent to do it in the first place.

You have too little confidence!

My recommendation is to start on worthless items and learn from all mistakes. Then slowly get into more complicated things. I ended up with a bit more into it than intended, as the badge put the cost over the top.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
After a brief hiatus, the Doctor will be back working on the Round Badge bass drum patient, as she needs that glue gone before her new beauty treatments are applied. Her exfoliation of the old glue and two way tape is going reasonably well, but I am a bit under the weather, so I need a bit of rest.

Another patient may be entering the OR, as she was a neglected but relatively unharmed member of my snare drum family. Magnets will not stick to her, nor is she made of wood. What is she and what will she become?

In order to find out, you have to stay tuned :)

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
The next patient has been put to the back of the queue as some interesting developments have happened in Dumpy Land! Let’s just say a cousin and a vintage friend is joining the family! These are exciting developments in the Flusterbottom Hospital for orphaned and damaged drums!