Thomas Lang. Drum geek like us all.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I remember the video about 9 years ago where he had the new DW kit outdoors. The above-posted video was about 10 mos ag0. Also, about 9 mos ago, he had a video about his DW stainless steel kit! 3 weeks ago, he had a video about his new PDP carbon fiber kit!

So 3 kits in less than a year - definitely a GAS-sy drum nerd!!!

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I remember the video about 9 years ago where he had the new DW kit outdoors. The above-posted video was about 10 mos ag0. Also, about 9 mos ago, he had a video about his DW stainless steel kit! 3 weeks ago, he had a video about his new PDP carbon fiber kit!

I’m sure he has a nice endorsement deal with DW, so that only encourages GAS

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised he changes his own heads...and wow...4 snares on the kit...

but why Rata and not Octabon (nomenclature?).

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised he changes his own heads...and wow...4 snares on the kit...

but why Rata and not Octabon (nomenclature?).
Cause Tama owns the name. They sell them in two sets of four, thus "Octo". they should be called "ban" drums, but everyone keeps saying "Octoban".

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the way he tunes, but that SNOM sounds horrid!

GeeDeeEmm

jmato

Reaction score
Notice he spent no time at all tuning the bass drum? I need to stop obsessing, clearly.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I recall threads from years ago when he was berated here on the forum for whatever reasons.

Fact is, he studied percussion & drumset at the prestigious Vienna Conservatory as a youngster. The guy's legit.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I don't know much about his bands/music (seems like a veteran skilled metal guy), but he kills this flat ride and his speed and dynamics are explosive at 1:07 and then he goes into almost warp jazz speed:

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

These are just tools. At a certain level of any craft, one needs tools for the trade.

A lot of different tools.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I never thought that I would see the day where red hydraulic-ish heads would reappear outside of a Craigslist add that we were all poking fun at.

So cheesy.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I never thought that I would see the day where red hydraulic-ish heads would reappear outside of a Craigslist add that we were all poking fun at.

So cheesy.
Everything old will become new at one point. From what I read online, the Remo Colortone's are a big hit.
The rack is a bit overkill and could be done more sleeker (yet just as sturdy).

That snom kills! I can't wait to receive my 15x10 Maple/Mahogany ballad snare.

Last edited:

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He casually chimed in on a post about roto toms in a facebook group. I then said "Thomas Lang ladies and gentlemen", then he says something like "oh I doubt that there are any ladies hanging out with us drum nerds"
Screenshot_20181207-011056.png

Screenshot_20181207-011942.png

He really is a drum nerd, it's great.

Last edited: