Three Vintage Pearl Pedals-Looking for Approximate Dates

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 3 Pearl Bass Drum Pedals and one of them(810) is my go to even though I have tried all the latest and greatest.
I know that one is the 810 model was probably dates back to the mid 70's. There is another with a wider footboard which I believe is the 910.
I assume that came after the 810 and was their professional model at that point in time.
The 3d pedal has a rotary cam and I cannot place it time-wise.

The 810 has a heavier cross bar and is my favorite. The 910 has a wider footboard and similar mechanism

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They all look to be in the mid-70's to mid/late 80's to me. I don't see a huge design difference between the 3. By around 1990 Pearl had changed their pedal plate to a relatively smooth one with an outside border. Pearl copied Rogers' swivomatic inverted spring design which is sort of in that 1975-1985 period.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the first pedal on the left. Got mine in 1977. I don't know that it was the first year of production, but apart from the strap and beater, it's still going, 42 years later.

Dan

Seb77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The circular cam is quite a departure. My first set was an Export that came with one like that, but a different footboard design. 1987 model I suppose; the one you have might be a bit earlier. Just a bit,m because I know other pedals with the footbaord you have that came with Export kits without the circular cam. I'd look into the catalogs from that era, they are available as pdf somewhere.